DirecTV HR2x Mass Lockups overnight 10/6

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Me too.

So no one with the regular H series had any problems? Haven't seen any reported

I have a H-20 and yesterday it rebooted about three times. I thought maybe there were rolling brownouts in my area, now I'm not so sure. Also, watching football on local CBS, there were times when the feed was lost. All other local channels were fine.

I have a H-20 and yesterday it rebooted about three times. I thought maybe there were rolling brownouts in my area, now I'm not so sure. Also, watching football on local CBS, there were times when the feed was lost. All other local channels were fine.
How is it working now?

Had to reboot again around noon time. Same issues as earlier today. You don't notice it while watching a channel, only when you try to change to some other channel.

Add me to the list of users with problems. Woke up this morning (sounds like the Sopranos :)) around 5:30AM and my HR20-700 would not turn on. I pressed the RBR and nothing happened - pressed it again and nothing. Logged on to this and DBS site to see if anyone was having problems, then noticed receiver rebooting. Everything looked fine - nothing erased, all programs still intact. Watched it a while and turned it off. When I turned it on just now, same problems as this morning. This time however, the RBR took about a minute and a half to reboot after I pressed it. After reboot everything looks OK, but I don't dare turn it off.

Has D* given any type of hint to what the problem may be to anyone whose spoken to them?

This was just posted on the DBS site: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=141667

happened to me too.. I woke up at 5:45am, tried to turn on both HR21, and HR22.. but would not response to the power buttons on remote or box itself. Did reset (red button) on both units, and all returned to normal.

I woke up this morning and tried to put on a show for my daughter and I couldn't change the channel, after a reboot it worked fine. I am working from home today so I just tried to watch some tv during lunch and the receiver is locked again, I just pressed the reboot button.

DBS is saying D* has identified an issue with the transmission and is in the process of correcting it. I wonder what type of problem they're talking about?

Mine wouldn't respond to the reset button. Tried it twice, the power LED was dim for a sec then went off, both times. Pulled the plug for 20 sec, and had to press-and-hold the power button on the unit. Didn't check my favorites or other settings.

Is this some joker at D*, infecting us with a DVR virus?

My HR20-700 was dead this morning, also. RBR didn't work, I had to unplug it. After it rebooted, it wouldn't respond to the remote. This time the RBR did work. When everything was up and running again, many of my favorites were gone, so I had to redo them. Also, when it rebooted it said I had new software, but the info says that the last update was in July! Edit: My external hd seems to be fine. (I hope!)

Yesterday I was hooking up my H20-100 around 12:30 for football. I had to unplug/replug it in like 5 times to get it to work. I would plug it in and like the 720p resolution light would light up for a second and then turn off and nothing would happen. I switched the plug port on my Surge Protector and then it seemed to work, but I was super worried that my H20 had died. Maybe it was just a coincidence. I haven't had a chance to test my HR20 since last night. As of the 10th inning of the Sox/Angels game it was working fine.

Well hopefully they will have this sorted out before tonight. As a poster said, they know what the problem is now, and are working on it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)