DirecTV HR2x Mass Lockups overnight 10/6

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had the same problem with my HR20-700 this morning. Hit the reset button...booted up fine.

Had the problem this morning on my 20-700...power cycled it and it started working again. I then left the house for work and came back and it wouldn't turn on. I power cycled it again except before I plugged power back I pulled the access card and re-installed it. So far so good except now I have a message on the info screen that says to replace the access card when I receive a new one.

Here is the official response from DirecTV:

Rememeber, if your getting home from work - Your box will need to be manually reset the first time, then it may reset on its own again upon receiving the fix from DirecTV.

The issue was not a software version download, there was no new software sent last night. The issue was something in the broadcast.
My HR21 was reset again here on the West Coast at 4:34pm this afternoon.
I had already reset it this morning in an effort to get it up and running again after the shutdown early this morning. It now looks like I have recieved the DirecTv reset that Jason is talking about. Lets see how long this works?

My box wouldn't turn on when I came home. I Had to plug it back in twice before it started working again. Now the ALDS is on.

Just received word they are rolling the fix out to the other time zones.

Again - DON'T be alarmed if you box reboots itself.

The problem affected thousands of boxes that were not connected to a network/internet. This was not an internet related problem.

Whatever it was, it came from the satellite stream.

Thanks for clearing that up.... I introduced that Internet connection just as a feasible possibility. Obviously, that isn't the case if people not being hooked up to the Ethernet were having the problem. I was just asking if it was only people connected to Ethernet. I mean, come on, they are saying they DIDN'T do a software update, and we are all having this problem. Other than the phone and Ethernet connections, this is one-way communication here. I took "problem at their end" as something happening at their end. If they had dumped bad software on us, that would be a problem at our end. Maybe they mean, it isn't our equipment that is faulty, it is at their end as in software distribution like the other poster suggested. This just seems really strange. I come from the technology world (IT) but don't know satellite technology. I do know that our communication is one way from the satellite in space to us, not going back from our dish to the satellite. So what kind of problem at their end comes to question in my mind. I mean, being digital and all, maybe they had some type of packet overload on the downstream and it froze our receiving buffer. I guess that would be a problem at (caused by) their end. A problem they needed to fix at their end to stop the overload of our buffers.

The bottom line is, many of us are annoyed with DirecTV at the moment as it is, and here we are having to reset our boxes two, three, four, five times in one day. It is more than annoying.

If it clears up, great! I'll forget about it tomorrow. But it certainly doesn't pleasure the matter any when it takes 5-10 minutes for the box to reset.

Same here, had to shut two HD DVRs down, now both HD DVRs just rebooted at 6:55 pm CST! What happened?

Yep, I lost all my recording scheduled to record today, up until I did the reboot when I got home and noticed it a 4pm. By then everything I wanted to record was over and done with. It PO's me that I missed those recordings. I was at work and was on this site so I saw the news about all this, but I couldn't reboot from work. I wish I could reboot from work!!!

Thanks again

Josh

Yep, I lost all my recording scheduled to record today, up until I did the reboot when I got home and noticed it a 4pm. By then everything I wanted to record was over and done with. It PO's me that I missed those recordings. I was at work and was on this site so I saw the news about all this, but I couldn't reboot from work. I wish I could reboot from work!!!

Thanks again

Josh

That sucks. I did not lose any of my recordings.

I had this and ever since my external drive is making funny noises. I thought the drive caused my HR21-700 to not come on but now I see it's the other way around. Anyone have a noisy external (whining) after this?

Thanks guys.. I missed the first part of chuck due to a reboot.. Can we put this episode ondemand?

On the bright side my box did the same thing, I did a rbr and didnt think anything else. Glad directv is working on it though.

This is just simply something I noticed, but I'd definately say the issue was with the guide data, because after the auto-reboot, I lost all guide data after 24 hours on almost every channel.

Interesting,
I did not lose my guide or any recordings :)
Must have been dumb luck I guess.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts