DIRECTV HR34 Home Media Center

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Only other thing would be to pull power on everything in the system including the power supply and start over, otherwise I'd say software bug or bad receiver maybe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using SatelliteGuys

The tech called his tech support team again. This time he was told that the HR-34 will only work on systems with an 8 tuner maximum. He wanted to know if I wanted to disconnect one tuner from each of the HR-24's to get it to work. I told him no. At this point he said there wasn't anything that can be done unless I wanted to disconnect a tuner from each of the three HR-24's I had. Is anyone using an HR-34 on a system with more than 8 tuners on it? Are you able to play back content from your HR-34 from another receiver?

That doesn't make sense to me if you have a swim 16 installed. Hifi would know

8 tuner max is not correct as we have installed 34's on several systems beyond 8 tuners and if that was the case what would the point be in a swm 16?
One other thing to try is to make sure the power inserter is the 29 volt and not the 21 also do not run it inline with a receiver run it directly to the swm 16.

not to act like a 14 year old girl but "OMG"...I have the HR34 :)

I dont know who was more amazed. Me at the HR34 or the tech that this "will be the easiest job I ever done".....literally all he had to do was hook up the HR34 where I had just removed the R22. He looked at the dish and asked me about FTA (since he saw the other 2 dishes). Showed him the splitter and what cable went where and he was just smiled. Longest part was the software download :) job start 8:30 job done 9:12. He said I was first on the list because I only had one receiver. I guess he does jobs by receiver count.

We hooked up the HR34 and ran tests. So its all set up. I have to call and remove the R22 and the H23. The other R22 will get removed when I'm done with program watching :)

But I do have one question.....when all said and done I'll have just the HR34 so basically I would remove the 8 way splitter and hook the PI between the LNB and the 2 way splitter for the CCK kit? I can't hook the internet directly to the HR34 like I did the R22?

Thanks HIFI. I didn't think that the 8 tuner max was correct and I also didn't have too much confidenence in this tech from the beginning, so after two hours, I gave in and agreed that I'll just have to live with the problem until maybe another software update fixes the problem. I do have the 29 volt power inserter, but it is in-line one of the receivers.

I know I've seen pics before but to quote Butt-head (of Beavis and Butt-head)

"This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen"

attachment.php

Attachments

• PICT0074.JPG
    PICT0074.JPG
    887.4 KB · Views: 594
DVDDAD said:
Thanks HIFI. I didn't think that the 8 tuner max was correct and I also didn't have too much confidenence in this tech from the beginning, so after two hours, I gave in and agreed that I'll just have to live with the problem until maybe another software update fixes the problem. I do have the 29 volt power inserter, but it is in-line one of the receivers.

Can you post a pic of the swm 16? I would like to verify a couple things.

Bingo!! Everything started working fine, except for the H25 connected with the composite outputs it still did the same thing. I called my original installer to try and cancel the work order and he sent me to his supervisor. The supervisor told me the system has to be connected with HDMI outputs for the Whole Home to work correctly, wish tech support knew this. Needed an excuse for a new TV anyway. So if you are going to get this system be aware everything has to be HDMI for it to work correctly.

Earl
Incorrect. There is no requirement that the HR34 be connected via HDMI to function. Mine is connected via composite and distributes and receives content from other DVRs just fine. You most likely have a bad coax drop going to this one location. MRV and DECA are quite sensitive.

Just wanted to mention that packaging of the HR34 varies based on order type. I've had mine for well over a month and it had all cables and an RF remote in the box. I did not go through directv to get mine.

The only thing in the box today was the HR34, power cable and access card. The remote he had separatelly

Reminder: All additional Directv receivers have an additional receiver fee of $6/month. HMC is the same. Having Samsung RVU TV's will not eliminate additional receiver fees it will just appear as Home Media Center Monthly for Client on the bill.

Last edited:
Hey Iceberg are you going to do the CE: HD GUI? Or wait for it to roll around on its own?

I know there wasnt one yesterday but I might tonight. Right now I'm just going through setting up favorite list and timers...and enjoying my HR34 :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts