DIRECTV HR34 Home Media Center

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Stupid question alert... When is this cinema connection kit needed? If/when I add an HR34 to our account, we would have 3 HR2x DVRs (all HR21 and higher), along with the HR34. Would we also need this cinema connection kit? We currently get the OnDemand stuff just fine..

why would you need two cinema connection kits?

Only way for Claude to connect both SWM16's to the network, so they can share playlist. Two cinema kits connecting each DECA network to the router.

Claude - I think a cleaner setup (until the bugs are reduced) would be to just hook the least used H25 to the second SWM16, and have everything else run off one network without the second CCK and dependence on the router. If you keep seeing receivers drop off the network I would try that.

Just a dumb question, if I get a cinema connection kit, I can have access to all my recordings on all my receivers?

I have a couple of questions regarding the HR34. Had the install done on Saturday. We had HR20-100's before this. The HR20's had a direct input in the receiver for the OTA antenna, which allowed us to have the local station (who won't give us an exemption) to be followed on the Directv menu and be recorded on the HR20 DVR. The installer basically said too bad this will not happen anymore. Have any of you found a work around? This was a great feature and we used it all the time, now its a royal pain AND we can no longer DVR any of the OTA shows?

2nd question: We had another TV in another room hooked up through the same HR20 receiver as in the Living Room. Is this no longer possible? The installer didn't hook it back up that way and I didn't think to ask before he left. Is it possible to use a splitter on the HR34 to another room to see the same show (the TV in the other room doesn't have a receiver). We had a new HR24 put in the basement and I can do it with that one, but I can't quite figure out how to do it with the HR34.

Thanks for any help any of you might be able to give me!!!!!

Pat

2nd question: We had another TV in another room hooked up through the same HR20 receiver as in the Living Room. Is this no longer possible? The installer didn't hook it back up that way and I didn't think to ask before he left. Is it possible to use a splitter on the HR34 to another room to see the same show (the TV in the other room doesn't have a receiver). We had a new HR24 put in the basement and I can do it with that one, but I can't quite figure out how to do it with the HR34.

Pat,

You still should be able to hook up a second TV to either the HR-34 or HR-24. The programming you watch would be mirrored and be the same as you see on the main TV. What type of cable was run to the second TV? You may need a splitter. I run four TV's off of my HR-34. I use an HDMI splitter and use it on one TV in the Living Room and another TV in the Basement. I then use the component output of my HR-34 to feed a whole home modulater that feeds the signal to a TV in my kitchen and another TV upstairs in my office.

Hmmm, I thought it was reported that the HR34's had OTA tuners in them again .... ?

After looking at the photo's, I guess not... thought I had heard that it "SCANNED" vs just using the D* database.

Looks like you still need yet ANOTHER AM21 for them.

Hmmm, I thought it was reported that the HR34's had OTA tuners in them again .... ?

After looking at the photo's, I guess not... thought I had heard that it "SCANNED" vs just using the D* database.

Looks like you still need yet ANOTHER AM21 for them.

nope. you still need an am21. difference with the HR34 is it scans OTA as you already mentioned

Should I expect that Directv will send me the AM21 free or are they going to charge me for it? The install was supposed to include an OTA antenna, but the Tech said they never have installed OTA antennas..........

sometimes directv gives them for free or at half off. when that's not the case i think they run at $50. call and ask them. explain your situation.

ONE HOUR and FIVE transfers later, I finally got to talk with Case Management and someone that seems to know what he's talking about, none of the regular support people know if the AM21 works with the HR34 or not. Case Management says that it SHOULD work and they are sending me one free of charge to make sure. Well at least I got it free and hopefully it will work. Thanks for all your help everyone.

ONE HOUR and FIVE transfers later, I finally got to talk with Case Management and someone that seems to know what he's talking about, none of the regular support people know if the AM21 works with the HR34 or not. Case Management says that it SHOULD work and they are sending me one free of charge to make sure. Well at least I got it free and hopefully it will work. Thanks for all your help everyone.

congrats and wish you all the best and hope it works for you.im thinking of getting one with my HR34.please let us know how it works with the HR34 and ty if you do :)

I have the AM21 on my HR34 and it works fine. The dumb thing is about all I use it for is to record Sea Hunt and Mr. Ed off of my local sub-channels. I guess I am old!

it will work. good deal. can't go wrong with free ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)