Directv installer is here!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
Getting my Directv service moved this morning. Excited. I know, "calm down." But glad to be getting it installed. So far, he is doing a very professional job and I received 2 phone calls ahead of time this morning to confirm. 1 from the installer and 1 automated call to confirm. And customer service has been nothing but outstanding!--Andy :)

Enjoy, just ask him to walk you through everything he is going to do and agree before the holes get drilled so to speak. Most of their installers do several homes a day and are very good at it.

Getting my Directv service moved this morning. Excited. I know, "calm down." But glad to be getting it installed. So far, he is doing a very professional job and I received 2 phone calls ahead of time this morning to confirm. 1 from the installer and 1 automated call to confirm. And customer service has been nothing but outstanding!--Andy :)
Yup,
Most installations go in without issue. It is that unremovable 1% that ends up on the internet sites. The stupid, incompetent, defective and unnecessary screw ups are more fun........same with the evening news.

What I have never seen is some Directv executive, someone with real horspower, come on here with any defense of the stupid, incompetent, defective and unnecessary arrangements with installation subcontractors.
" What, you were never paid for those installations....send me the account numbers and I'll cut you a check." That never happens.

Joe

Well the installer did a wonderful job today. It took 3 hours to install the dish, drill for 2 rooms, and 2 receivers hooked up. Also hooked up the internet and gave me a new channel lineup at my request. Also left a place in the basement for an additional outlet when my sister and I fix up a room as an entertainment room. Rated him all 10's on the automated call to see how he did. Very impressed!

That's terrific. I've always said that the vast majority of installers are good at what they do and want to make the customer happy. Unfortunately, we hardly of those guys on boards like this. It's usually the screw-ups that people write about.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)