Part time move

Status
Please reply by conversation.

beas0536

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
Tn
I currently live in Tn. Buying a home in fla. which I will occupy 6 months every year. My plan is to take one of my Hd/Dvr receivers with me and install my own dish in fla. I assume direct tv would frown on this, which is why I plan on doing it myself. The dish I plan on using has the three lnb's with four outputs. It is not a swm. My question is can I run one line and use a multi switch or will I have to run two separate cables for use with the dvr? Also this may be a stupid question, but will my Tn local channels stay with my receiver? Thanks for any advice!

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

You will need to run two lines for both tuners in the dvr to work. You won't get your TN channels in FL, not likely anyway. What are the two zip codes involved?

I currently live in Tn. Buying a home in fla. which I will occupy 6 months every year. My plan is to take one of my Hd/Dvr receivers with me and install my own dish in fla. I assume direct tv would frown on this, which is why I plan on doing it myself. The dish I plan on using has the three lnb's with four outputs. It is not a swm. My question is can I run one line and use a multi switch or will I have to run two separate cables for use with the dvr? Also this may be a stupid question, but will my Tn local channels stay with my receiver? Thanks for any advice!

If you move all the receivers with you there should not be an issue. I wouldn't call it this (since I dont consider TN as "cold") but plenty of snowbirds do that. My dad's buddy is one of them. In October he called Directv to let them know he is in Florida. In April when he comes back to Minneapolis he will call them and change the address back. He brings the receiver with him.

I doubt the signal will be strong enough from that far away. I checked the signal strength maps but for some reason it won't work for me. Check this link, maybe it will for you. You generally need to be within the pink line for consistent signal. https://sites.google.com/site/satkml/home/directv-9s-101w-rb06-nashville

Florida locals would be on spot beams as well as the rest, I don't see any way he'll get the TN locals down there, but we don't know where in Fla he is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)