Directv Installer No-Show

Boondockbill

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2004
The reason I dumped VOOM was because of their horrid receivers and three no-show tech service calls.

Now my Directv install today is a no-show. No phone call, nothing. D* customer service just gave me the runaround.

Is this pretty typical? It reminds me of trying to get a telephone in post war Italy - that took up to two years!

Directv IMO is much better about their techs. I would call and speak with a supervisor to see what the deal is. Did you order directly through Directv?

Boondockbill said:
The reason I dumped VOOM was because of their horrid receivers and three no-show tech service calls.

Now my Directv install today is a no-show. No phone call, nothing. D* customer service just gave me the runaround.

Is this pretty typical? It reminds me of trying to get a telephone in post war Italy - that took up to two years!

I would say it is as typical as horrid Voom receivers.

Boondockbill said:

Try your cable company now :D Just kidding!!!
There is not such thing as D*, E* or V* installers. They all hire the same local independent subcontractors.

Original post about no D* installation was at 5:11 PM on 10/22. At 9:51 PM on the same day there is another post about an installation problem with a DVI switch on the receiver, so it looks like the installer did show up.

Neutron said:
Directv IMO is much better about their techs.

I don't know about that. I have both, got Voom shortly after Direct. The Installs, Inc tech told me, during the Voom install, that the DirecTV tech didn't ground their dish and it took 2 visits to get it done to code.

I went through DirecTV.com and also talked to them on the 1-800 number. After the second guy didn't ground the dish correctly, I called back and told them I didn't want that same local installer involved with the next service call. Guess what, they sent another tech from the same local company. Plus they stapled through the cable to the outside of my house.

Do You Love VOOM?

(Request) The Horror Channel!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)