Directv is a bunch of liars

Status
Please reply by conversation.
sounds like you got 2 recievers don't you?

that's where the extra 5$ most likely came from.
yes , the thing is they told me this was the price with all charges included, that includes the second receiver and if i could have the hd free for life as i informed that would be another $10 off my bill, but now they are saying i cant and they have no notes of that conversation with the rep . so im screwed my original bill should have been around 48 with free hd wit autopay(as I was Informed) . instead its 64.19. that a big discrepancy and it would piss most people off that don't have money to blow.

yes , the thing is they told me this was the price with all charges included, that includes the second receiver and if i could have the hd free for life as i informed that would be another $10 off my bill, but now they are saying i cant and they have no notes of that conversation with the rep . so im screwed my original bill should have been around 48 with free hd wit autopay(as I was Informed) . instead its 64.19. that a big discrepancy and it would piss most people off that don't have money to blow.

Ok lets see if we can takle these one at a time.

1. Was your order placed before 07/21/10

2. What was the total number of recivers installed

3. What package did you choose .

4. Did you take advantage of whole home dvr.

On a side note taxes are not just straight sales tax . Example florids has a flat 6% sales tax ( local counties can add to it ) But for video services it is not the flat 6% but a 13.31% tax. I look up in our tax table to see what we have to charge for tax in texas if anything more then standard sales tax. I can look it up on monday when I am in the office.

My Mini war would stop quick, When you stop posting comments with my Name in it in threads that I've not even posted in.

I can have complaints about D* , But around you an attack is always made .

So where does that end?
When you two stop acting like children. You are not a moderator and therefore have no right to judge people and attack them in public

Last edited:
Actually you all have Hemi to thank for my active roll here. If it was not for his at one time obnoxious signature about dtv support that riled me up I would been like most employees and just sat back and kept my mouth shut.
so put him on ignore and move on.

No I plan on shutting his mouth on this matter permanently everything else he says I dont care about. So as soon as Scott rights me back to get this settled. Also I have my reasons for not ignoring "him" since he prefers I not use his name. But again I might insult him I dont even know if I am using the right pronouns when talking about him.

Besides look at all the fun that goes on when all heck breaks loose.

Several people here have vouched for stonecolds helpfulness as a Directv billing supervisor.

All he ever asks for in personal info is the phone number on the account so he can LOOK at the account. Generally from what he has said he doesn't change the account, but rather tell the person what to do to get it fixed. I can't speak if that is always the case, but he has said that in the past. I'm sure if he fixes something like a missing credit that the person wouldn't be upset by that, would they.

Like he said before, I've been more than comfortable asking for his help personally, and he was very helpful.

If you don't trust him, than don't ask for his help, but there is no need to drag him through the mud so to speak.

We do not need a special billing support forum, unlike other sites we try to keep the provider forums as simple as possible. You have general and technical, take your pick.

Stonecold: Thank you for all you've done to help our members.

DirecTV: He cares and does good work. Your company position that your inhouse forums and a special relationship with dbstalk is enough and everything else is worthless, well, that's just sad. We've already tried crossing that flaming bridge.

Actually you all have Hemi to thank for my active roll here. If it was not for his at one time obnoxious signature about dtv support that riled me up I would been like most employees and just sat back and kept my mouth shut.
I'm the only one that had an offensive signature? OK What did it say since it offending you so much?

Do make up BS excuses Stone.

Your comments abour my signature is what started this war, and then the Number of Post and threads started by you like a baby.

So just because I said , "If you wanted to be treated like your nothing Call 18005315000, If you want to be treated like a valued customer call 1800333dish. BOO F"EN HOO!

This got your panties in a twist. No one directly called you out about nothing, untill now about your credentials. So why must you wait for Scott?

Fact is Anyone can access a D* account, with a Name and Phone Number. Done!

Enough with the personal attacks, regardless of either direction.

Anymore bashing on stonecold or Hemi and we'll close the thread.
We are far from the OPs original concern anyway.

Hemi, I would like your explanation on this statement though:

Your argument is that anyone can call in and give a name and phone number and have access to the account.

I guess it's possible, but I would question a couple things:

Sure, if I call to change progamming or something a phone number and name probably does it. I could probably upgrade my neighbor to Premier to piss him off, I guess it's possible. The question here would be motive: why would someone want to?

Surely a CSR isn't going to give sensitive information. They won't give a credit card or SSN to a customer via phone. In fact, I doubt they can even see a whole credit card or SSN. They are probably encrypted from the CSR level and only show the last 4 or something.

While I suppose it is possible for anyone to 'access an account', the power is limited, change or cancel programming, add a receiver maybe, that's about it. Hardly creates identity theft. Impact would be limited to a Directv account.

Back to stonecold, if he types a phone number into the CSR system, looks at the account status and gives feedback to the member, no big deal. And again, all he is getting is a name and phone number.

I suppose his power is no different that the questionable situation raised above from Hemi, where anyone can call in and make changes. Stonecolds power would be limited to a DirecTV account, hardly creates identity theft.

I'm the only one that had an offensive signature? OK What did it say since it offending you so much?

Do make up BS excuses Stone.

Your comments abour my signature is what started this war, and then the Number of Post and threads started by you like a baby.

So just because I said , "If you wanted to be treated like your nothing Call 18005315000, If you want to be treated like a valued customer call 1800333dish. BOO F"EN HOO!

This got your panties in a twist. No one directly called you out about nothing, untill now about your credentials. So why must you wait for Scott?

Really ? :rolleyes:

As far as I know, if you pull up the D* website the first thing it asks you for is a user name and password .... If you can GUESS all that info then you ought to pick the winning lottery numbers and move on.

And imagine, the guys only had D* for 5 minutes now, and to think I even Welcomed and helped him when he first came over ..... sheeesh ...:rolleyes:

If you say so!

So Hemi, I want to try this to prove your right .....

Give us your phone number and we will call in and see if we can turn your service OFF and if we are able to them.... you were right.

However, seeing we won't be able to, you'll be fine and you can continue to argue about something that the rest of us just scratch our heads and say Really, this is STILL going on ....

You JUST started with D*, was this you plan all along ?
To berate and cause trouble with the one person here that can actually answer questions FROM D* themselves ?

hi new to this forum just joined directv and i feel they are liars and bunch of thieves first i asked for whole home dvr service and hd so they send me a standard receiver and wrong programming. so i have to cancel then i have to redo everything including new install date cause they wanted to charge me 199 for hd receiver i asked for in the first place . so i decide to give it a second shot i ask if i can get hd for life they say yes if i sign up for auto pay , this is when i asked the rep if i could do that later i was told yes so i decide to wait , i go online see my first bill is 64.19 that is-insane for choice extra so i ask if i can get hd free by signing up for auto pay and im told its not part of my package , i explain to the rep what i was TOLD and she says there is not notes on that and she could do nothing, i regret leaving dish cause i paid less for more channels and i was never lied to im sorry for long post but i just feel that is to much money especially if that is with the 29 dollar discount.direct tv is full of liars telling customers anything just to sign them up.

Some of the same crap happened to us!! This company does not take notes well !! they say we have no records!! Very sorry I left Comcast!!

Your argument is that anyone can call in and give a name and phone number and have access to the account.

I guess it's possible, but I would question a couple things:

Sure, if I call to change progamming or something a phone number and name probably does it. I could probably upgrade my neighbor to Premier to piss him off, I guess it's possible. The question here would be motive: why would someone want to?

Surely a CSR isn't going to give sensitive information. They won't give a credit card or SSN to a customer via phone. In fact, I doubt they can even see a whole credit card or SSN. They are probably encrypted from the CSR level and only show the last 4 or something.

While I suppose it is possible for anyone to 'access an account', the power is limited, change or cancel programming, add a receiver maybe, that's about it. Hardly creates identity theft. Impact would be limited to a Directv account.

Back to stonecold, if he types a phone number into the CSR system, looks at the account status and gives feedback to the member, no big deal. And again, all he is getting is a name and phone number.

I suppose his power is no different that the questionable situation raised above from Hemi, where anyone can call in and make changes. Stonecolds power would be limited to a DirecTV account, hardly creates identity theft.

Just some clarification on what an agent can and cant not see

1. SSN only the last 4 if even there ( older account information not there )

2. Credit card / ETF information again limited to last 4 . Agents are not allowed to say last 4 digits. Customer must provide last 4 to us and we verify with a yes or a no.

3. Account activation date - last time that the account was brought to active again .

4. 99% of the stuff in our Billing System is DTV related and what little of it is personal info is often xxxx out .

Why ... ell frankly there no reason why anyone you call would need to see your full social or your credit card numbers.

The accountants can see card number aka the Financials Ops department.
SSN are only seen by the ITG ( Identity Theft Group )

Only Unless I am going to comittme chaos and worst destruction though reciever id numbers

Come on fellas, theres no legitimate issue here. The directv guy has been checked out by some folks and he's helping people out. If you have your panties in a bunch about giving someone publicly available information, then dont give it out!

I believe that if you call dtv not from your home phone (caller ID checked), you have to give a little more info than your name and phone # to do anything drastic. Even if you could, why would someone bother?

Sounds more like an agenda of personal issues with a veil of illegitimate concerns. In short, you guys dont like each other!

So agree to not pay attention to each other or work it out...say something nice to each other, get a room and a can of motor oil, whatever works for ya. ;)

I believe I was mislead when I ordered. I ordered the big pack with NFL ticket, whole home DVR and HD for life. I made it very specific about needing DVR to be able to be viewed in every room. When I got it all installed today I have 3 standard receivers so only two rooms have DVR viewing. I'm pretty pissed! Not a good start to me switching from Charter which I have had for 20+ years.

Just got off the phone with DTV about this (viewing dvr in every room) and about internet access and dtv won't do anything to make a happy customer.

I had 3 very specific concerns and request when I ordered.

I have kids, very important to be able to view the dvr in every room. Salesperson said I would.

Internet access to share photos, etc like on my Tivo when family comes over. Salesperson said I would.

NFL Sunday ticket. Sales person said I would.

Out of my three big request and concerns the Sunday ticket was the only one that was actually true.

Are these sales people held accountable for lying to potential new customers or are they trained by dtv to do this?

I asked the person I talked to today from dtv if there are a certain number of days I have to cancel my service without being held to my contract and she said I have 14 days to cancel and not be held to my contract. Is the 14 days true?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)