Directv is a bunch of liars

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you upgraded the receivers in bedrooms to HD, you'd be able to do that. But like I suggested before, you may need to add at least one more HD-DVR. Maybe one DVR could be used for sports and the other for family programming to help avoid issues where two HD receivers are trying to view the same DVR at the same time (which is not possible).
The implication in your first sentence is that if the bedroom receivers were upgraded to HD then you could pause/rewind live TV on the remote DVR. This is not true. It can do it for recorded shows. Now if you meant the upgrade was to an HD DVR receiver, then this is also not true for the remote DVR. Of course, the local DVR can perform those functions.

Well, you COULD start a recording on the live show you were watching from the remote dvr with an HD receiver, then pause/play that. Not quite as convenient, but only a few buttons of inconvenience.

Note that I think this only works if the remote receiver is an *HD* receiver. The H21/h22/h23/h24 all allow you to schedule a recording from the receiver to happen on the DVR. The SD receivers dont have this ability. At least I dont think that they do.

I think you should remove the DECA and ETHERNET cable and rerun satellite setup on that box. That should fix your MRV problem as long as the DVR hasn't had an ETHERNET cable attached. (If so, remove it or connect both the HD boxes to ETHERNET until the Internet Connection Kit is installed but remember to rerun sat setup after disconnecting ETHERNET cables).

I'm curious to know if there is a coax ran from splitter to somewhere near your router that is not connected or terminated. That would suggest the job was started but never completed properly.

DSC04637.jpg

UPDATE

So a DTV installer came out today and used this DECA device that I took off the HD receiver to hook up to my router and got the internet working. Seems like things are hooked up good. He was pretty surprised that the first installer hooked this up to the HD receiver. Also this guy changed a couple of hookups from the satellite that he didn't like how it was originally installed. He was also surprised that I knew to take the DECA device off the HD receiver abd got the multi room viewing to work, thanks to you guys!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)