Directv is coming back out Friday

Status
Please reply by conversation.
gotta love the first pic, an HSP installed this on an existing fence post.

as you can see they arent using all the coax from either dish to the powered M/S

and such professionalism in the drip loops , the ground wire hanging there, and the $5.00 worth of silicone:eek:

i thought IRONWOOD was bad, cripes compared to HALSTEAD, IRONWOOD techs are satellite gods!!!!

Last edited:
heh, i may be working for ironwood here soon. i will make sure to try and give ironwood a good name. but yeah, that install is ridiculous.

can ya'll help

what do they need to do in order to remedy the situation and the problem here....I am getting so upset.

I would post your location if you haven't already and receive some PM's from installers that might be in that area and willing to help.

Oh and get references, so you don't get another knucklehead out there. Maybe even call Robert @ ValueElectronics.com mention you are a member here, and get a recommendation on a quality installer.

Are the ovals causing the problem in the signal or do you guys see something else......

they are now coming on Saturday? They changed the date.

This is a terrible install and should all fall in the lap of the bad install company, not DirecTV as they have little to no control over this; no DBS company does. Can you test run some RG6 directly from the 101 dish through the window and into the receiver, thus bypassing all that other crap and see what differences you may see. Then tell us what you observed.

OMFG That is the worst thing I have ever seen! You need to call the company and INSIST a QC guy comes out to look at that crap! If I ever left a job like that I would quit on the spot out of self shame!!! I can not believe the installer actually got paid for this. He should be paying the homeowner for the damage!!

The 3 LNB dish is for HD and should go through a NON-POWERED multiswitch? He has 2 3LNB dishes and a single all feeding into this mess?

What are the 2 extra input leads hanging there from?

At least it is well grounded!!!! IS anything hooked up to a ground at all?

If it was not so scary it would be funny.

Dragon- And you thought my dish was not well secured!

My installer did not hook the grounds off my AT-9 to the ground system, I fixed it plus all the sunken fittings.

as i remember from his previous thread on this install, the installer said there was NLOS. the FREAKIN field supervisor created this monstrosity!!!!! and was there during the whole install:eek:

he then bragged there were only two other systems in the entire state,, i really hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil:

I would bet my left YOU KNOW WHAT, that if the dish was mounted higher than the 5' - 6' post in the yard, that a clear LOS could be found. They have to remember that these are offset not prime-focus dishes, and just because you think something is directly in front of them does not mean it is blocking the signal.

are u kidding me?

If they can get a direct signal i will lose my mind!

ill bet i could get one.

phil, good luck in the morning.

i know a trainer from halstead thet frequents another board , im trying to contact him. see if he can pull some strings for you.

i talked to halsted they said they are sending out a tech supervisor on Saturday with round dishes.....we'll see....i hope if there is anything you guys see in the install that I can tell these guys let me know and I will print it off and hand it to him!

Status
Please reply by conversation.