Directv is coming back out Friday

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fulphil

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Please, my picture on my screen is awful on my LCD tv, when i record a local channel it looks like a wmv downloaded from the internet. It is awful and they have no clue. I am going to ask them to put 2 round dishes in and replace the oval dishes. I hope this remedies the situation, also the multiswitch that I have is a Eagle Aspen 4X8 multiswith with the power coming from inside the house. I just got my camera and I want to know how to post pics here so that I could show all here how the thing is set up.

fulphil said:
Please, my picture on my screen is awful on my LCD tv, when i record a local channel it looks like a wmv downloaded from the internet. It is awful and they have no clue. I am going to ask them to put 2 round dishes in and replace the oval dishes. I hope this remedies the situation, also the multiswitch that I have is a Eagle Aspen 4X8 multiswith with the power coming from inside the house. I just got my camera and I want to know how to post pics here so that I could show all here how the thing is set up.

how does it look with another tv hooked up to the same ird? if it looks better, well then it's your tv.

There will be no difference from the PhaseIII and the standard.

1. What is your signal level?
2. Receiver make & model?
3. TV make & model?
4. Connector types DTV to TV?
5. What are you watching? SD, HD? What display mode is the receiver set to?
6. How are you recording and at what quality level?

Turn your sharpness down. Turn the brightness and contrast down while you're at it. LCDs and plasmas really look bad if this isn't done. My uncle just got a huge new plasma with analog cable, and the sharpness and brightness are cranked. It looks worse than D* ever could!

charper ,

this is the guy that has 2 phase 3 dishes and a round dish all tied in to a frankenstien multiswitch/ splitter system. they tell him there is only 3 other systems like his in the state (the freakin world , is more like it). the dishes are at fault as is the (for the lack of a better word) cr*p combing system some INSTALLER dreamed up, to charge him more $$$$$$$

No I have two oval dishes

Guys I have two oval dishes, I have one receivinf the local 119 signal in the front of the house and I have one in the back of the house getting the 101 signal here in CT....They are both connected to this eagle aspen multiswitch. The LCD is a 26 inch Aquas ga5u......I have the cables into a 70 hr Direct tv tivo system. It is brand new bought it at Walmart. I also have monster AV cable into the DVD recorder which goes to the LCD tv with Componnent cables......Someone said there may be bleeding from the two oval dishes? That this may cause the picture distortion. I am trying to get this right cause this wasn't a problem before the second dish and the multiswitch........also the sat signal strenght is across the board on al transponders in the 93- 100 levels......there seems to be no problem with signal strength.
I don't have three dishes, I have 2 dishes and the picture on the LCD i tried to mess with and even sent the damn tv out to get fixed....thinking it was the tv but on this 20' Apex flat screen non-HD trv it is doing the same thing.....the only thing I can think of is that I have the spect ratio on the tv to 16:9? Could that be the problem? Who knows

LOS issues

they installed TWO phase 3 dishes on the house and a dual lnb 18 in the yard, and SOMEHOW tied these puppies together (only god knows how) this poor guy has a real live CLUSTER F**K going on.

Dare I ask why? Your telling me satellites that close to getther and they can't find a spot to install ONE dish for 101/110/119? Finding that tough to buy unless you restricted where and what they could do.

Get this re-installed as a one PhaseIII, no multi-switch setup ASAP!

Test your PQ on that TV by using a non-TiVo receiver (to see if the DVR is at vault).

How exactly is the setup connected again? Dish to recv to TV. (what cable types)

np two dishes on the ground outside the house.....npt two phase three dishes I do not know what a phase 3 dish is....two oval dishes outside in the yard, one infront and one in back both these dishes are oval dishes with 3 white prongs on the front of them.

fulphil said:
Guys I have two oval dishes, I have one receivinf the local 119 signal in the front of the house and I have one in the back of the house getting the 101 signal here in CT....They are both connected to this eagle aspen multiswitch. The LCD is a 26 inch Aquas ga5u......I have the cables into a 70 hr Direct tv tivo system. It is brand new bought it at Walmart. I also have monster AV cable into the DVD recorder which goes to the LCD tv with Componnent cables......Someone said there may be bleeding from the two oval dishes? That this may cause the picture distortion. I am trying to get this right cause this wasn't a problem before the second dish and the multiswitch........also the sat signal strenght is across the board on al transponders in the 93- 100 levels......there seems to be no problem with signal strength.
I don't have three dishes, I have 2 dishes and the picture on the LCD i tried to mess with and even sent the damn tv out to get fixed....thinking it was the tv but on this 20' Apex flat screen non-HD trv it is doing the same thing.....the only thing I can think of is that I have the spect ratio on the tv to 16:9? Could that be the problem? Who knows

i just pm'd you , pm me back or call me

they get the seperate signals and got to an eagle aspen multiswitch....I couldn't get the signal for both sattelites signals for 119 and 101 in the same spot because of the trees....so this seems to be the remedy as my signals are perfect

Oval = standard dish (some mistakenly call these round)

Elliptical dish = PhaseII or PhaseIII multi-LNBF dish

Prong = LNBF

Dishes are on the ground? As in below 6' high?

This seems like a disastrous install IMHO.

scroll all the way to the top of this page, on the right side below "good evening and happy humpday" click on the "private messages"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)