Directv Just surprised me

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would be careful about promises made now that are effective June of 2009.

9 months is a long time for systems to "forget" your deal.

yeah i agree. if your gonna do it do it soon. if not wait until the tivo comes out to come back.

Well at least D* has your HD locals up now if you decide to go back.
Yea ,But I have to wait until June in order to get the best deal on HD equipment. I could get HD DVR now ,but it would be the full lease price. Thats why I don't know what to do. If I pass this up, Then what happend if D* gets all those good Premiums and I can't get 2 HD DVR's for $99 or less. I'd have to deal with SD of some sort for now.

I would be careful about promises made now that are effective June of 2009.

9 months is a long time for systems to "forget" your deal.
Yea I know. But they wouldn't give me that deal right now. I tried! So I don't know what to do. How do I get this deal in writing?

did you get any names? if you did i would call back tonight and speak to the same person and have them email to you this deal so you have proof later. the email will contain names and extensions.

I have a confirmation number and a 1-800 number. He said anyone who answers will have access to my info with this number. But the confirmation number might not do any for my HD equipment in the future. Unless they give me a rebate or another confirmation number.

call back and have them email all this info to you so you have it in writing. the email will contain names,extensions and possibly a confirmation#. i know it sucks to do this now but if you're truly interested i would not risk the opportunity because of lack of info.

I may do it ,What do I really got to lose right? I'll have a D12 with Sunday ticket and 4 months free Premium pack. Then I'll just drop down to family pack, untill next June, Maybe something offer wise will be better by then.

you got nothing to lose. you're keeping your options open. if that tivo really turns out to be great then you'll probably just settle down with D and it will be the end of all that

you got nothing to lose. you're keeping your options open. if that tivo really turns out to be great then you'll probably just settle down with D and it will be the end of all that
I still don't know how some of you guys get 2 and 3 HD DVR's for free. They still didn't offer me that. I could get 1 HD DVR and one SD DVR for free,and my D12 of course.
But next June I could get 2 HD DVR 1 SD DVR and 1 D12 for $99 ,Thats awesome it that would hold true. I'll sleep on it I think, or maybe not. I'll be calling at 2am :D

I still don't know how some of you guys get 2 and 3 HD DVR's for free. They still didn't offer me that. I could get 1 HD DVR and one SD DVR for free,and my D12 of course.
But next June I could get 2 HD DVR 1 SD DVR and 1 D12 for $99 ,Thats awesome it that would hold true. I'll sleep on it I think, or maybe not. I'll be calling at 2am :D

i don't get that either. i had to pay for mine. but anything is better than paying the $199. by the way maybe they'll call you back by 2am. see ya

Welp I did it last night, accepted D* offer. But having service installed at my mothers house. I got of couse the D-12 and R-16 . So next June I'll be able to get my HD DVRs. They are sending me $300 rebate ,not valid until my June 6 th D* birthday. That was the best they could do to prove it. So I don't know what will happen when june gets here. But My mother and he "boy friend" will enjoy Sunday Ticket in SD in the mean time. If my mom like the service ,they are going to sign up next June.

Welp I did it last night, accepted D* offer. But having service installed at my mothers house. I got of couse the D-12 and R-16 . So next June I'll be able to get my HD DVRs. They are sending me $300 rebate ,not valid until my June 6 th D* birthday. That was the best they could do to prove it. So I don't know what will happen when june gets here. But My mother and he "boy friend" will enjoy Sunday Ticket in SD in the mean time. If my mom like the service ,they are going to sign up next June.

If you can get that R16 changed to a R22.;)

No , My mom doesn't have HD tvs. And I have no intrest in a Non DVR.. When next June comes I'll keep the R16 and get my 2- HR-22 or Tivos

No , My mom doesn't have HD tvs. And I have no intrest in a Non DVR.. When next June comes I'll keep the R16 and get my 2- HR-22 or Tivos

The R22 is a SD DVR. Don't confuse it with the HR22. Two different boxes although the R22 is closely related to the HR2X boxes. It has some of the same more advance features like MPEG4 capable, VOD, 30 second skip and media sharing.

In fact I think it might be a HR2X box but with the HD stuff disabled via software.

The reason is DirecTV has(had?) a program to exchange the HRs for HR10-250s.;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)