Directv lowered the price on the HD DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Oh. Well what's the OP talking about the price now at $99?

And is there any additional DVR fee for having 2 DVR's instead of 1?

No, the dvr fee is per account, not dvr.

Well installer came and only had the hr21
i spoke with directv they told me i can order one from solid signal
then when i get the hr20 i can send the hr21 back to directv..and directv will reimburse me for the new one...

Im pretty much happy with the install..installer installed the new slimline dish for me though i had allready had the Au9 1st generation dish...
Installer also installed an extra multiswitch at no cost.. even though i didnt need one...though i might need one sometime in the future..
Installer left the au9 dish with me... so if anyone wants one...let me know

Well installer came and only had the hr21
i spoke with directv they told me i can order one from solid signal
then when i get the hr20 i can send the hr21 back to directv..and directv will reimburse me for the new one...

Im pretty much happy with the install..installer installed the new slimline dish for me though i had allready had the Au9 1st generation dish...
Installer also installed an extra multiswitch at no cost.. even though i didnt need one...though i might need one sometime in the future..
Installer left the au9 dish with me... so if anyone wants one...let me know

I would call D* back and see if they have your conversation on your record, make sure it's in your file for them to reimburse you.

Jimbo

They should send you a free AM21 if you are cool with that. Otherwise its a crap shoot with the CSR actually doing what they say. I fully expect to get two hr-21's on Sunday and then will have to beg for am21's.

Well I called DirecTV tonight because my install is scheduled for tomorrow and I wanted to get the new pricing on the HDDVR and they said there has been no recent price drop on the HDDVR and they know nothing about it. I will be paying $99.00 plus tax and shipping for my HDDVR. Can anyone confirm this supposed price drop?

The price drop was from $299 to $199 and happened several months ago. New customers can often get a free SD DVR or HD Receiver or $100 off a HD DVR. Existing customers occasionally get deals, as well.

How I got a "Free" HR20-700

:upHow I got a "Free" HR20-700->
OK, so I have been a D* for several years. I currently have 5 STBs in use:
(1) HR20-700
(1) D*Tivo R10
(3) D10

My 1.5yo HR20-700 started acting weird about a month back, and it seemed to be dying (see my "Is My HR20-700 Dying" thread). D* offered to swap it out for "free", with only the ~$20 shipping charge. While I was waiting 4 days (weekend) to get the replacement unit, I tried a fix I found on the web; which consisted of simply deleting ALL recordings, and doing a reboot. Well the fix has worked 100% perfectly for 3 weeks now. I have been wanting another HD-DVR for the 480P widescreen that I have in my second TV room, which currently has the old TiVo. I called to ask what would be the cost of keeping both HR20s. I was hoping to talk them into giving me the $99 deal, but he told me I could have it for free! The only cost incurred is the HD service. The only thing I can figure is that they want to get people away from the TiVo units, has this fortunate outcome happened to anyone else? "YMMV"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)