Directv lowered the price on the HD DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Oh. Well what's the OP talking about the price now at $99?

And is there any additional DVR fee for having 2 DVR's instead of 1?

No, the dvr fee is per account, not dvr.

Well installer came and only had the hr21
i spoke with directv they told me i can order one from solid signal
then when i get the hr20 i can send the hr21 back to directv..and directv will reimburse me for the new one...

Im pretty much happy with the install..installer installed the new slimline dish for me though i had allready had the Au9 1st generation dish...
Installer also installed an extra multiswitch at no cost.. even though i didnt need one...though i might need one sometime in the future..
Installer left the au9 dish with me... so if anyone wants one...let me know

Well installer came and only had the hr21
i spoke with directv they told me i can order one from solid signal
then when i get the hr20 i can send the hr21 back to directv..and directv will reimburse me for the new one...

Im pretty much happy with the install..installer installed the new slimline dish for me though i had allready had the Au9 1st generation dish...
Installer also installed an extra multiswitch at no cost.. even though i didnt need one...though i might need one sometime in the future..
Installer left the au9 dish with me... so if anyone wants one...let me know

I would call D* back and see if they have your conversation on your record, make sure it's in your file for them to reimburse you.

Jimbo

They should send you a free AM21 if you are cool with that. Otherwise its a crap shoot with the CSR actually doing what they say. I fully expect to get two hr-21's on Sunday and then will have to beg for am21's.

Well I called DirecTV tonight because my install is scheduled for tomorrow and I wanted to get the new pricing on the HDDVR and they said there has been no recent price drop on the HDDVR and they know nothing about it. I will be paying $99.00 plus tax and shipping for my HDDVR. Can anyone confirm this supposed price drop?

The price drop was from $299 to $199 and happened several months ago. New customers can often get a free SD DVR or HD Receiver or $100 off a HD DVR. Existing customers occasionally get deals, as well.

How I got a "Free" HR20-700

:upHow I got a "Free" HR20-700->
OK, so I have been a D* for several years. I currently have 5 STBs in use:
(1) HR20-700
(1) D*Tivo R10
(3) D10

My 1.5yo HR20-700 started acting weird about a month back, and it seemed to be dying (see my "Is My HR20-700 Dying" thread). D* offered to swap it out for "free", with only the ~$20 shipping charge. While I was waiting 4 days (weekend) to get the replacement unit, I tried a fix I found on the web; which consisted of simply deleting ALL recordings, and doing a reboot. Well the fix has worked 100% perfectly for 3 weeks now. I have been wanting another HD-DVR for the 480P widescreen that I have in my second TV room, which currently has the old TiVo. I called to ask what would be the cost of keeping both HR20s. I was hoping to talk them into giving me the $99 deal, but he told me I could have it for free! The only cost incurred is the HD service. The only thing I can figure is that they want to get people away from the TiVo units, has this fortunate outcome happened to anyone else? "YMMV"

Status
Please reply by conversation.