Directv Mpeg 4 HD With a Phase III (Camping etc.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
I was playing around today with my camping Phase III dish, I found that the LNB from my AT9 would fit, so I swapped LNB's and set the Phase III on my Tripod and hooked to a H20 I had brought out to my Camper... with no tweaking I got good signals on 101 & 103b... (nothing on 99b or 119 and of course did not get all channels) I did move it slightly and lost signals... will have to play with it more, but this looks promising...

Attachments

• PIIIAT9.JPG
    PIIIAT9.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 192
  • PIIIAT9 101.JPG
    PIIIAT9 101.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 194
  • PIIIAT9 103.JPG
    PIIIAT9 103.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 206
  • PIIIAT9 a.JPG
    PIIIAT9 a.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 201
  • PIIIAT9 f.JPG
    PIIIAT9 f.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 183
Essentials I take with me when camping ...

Attachments

• Tripod Stake.JPG
    Tripod Stake.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 186
  • Tripod Level 2.JPG
    Tripod Level 2.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 174
  • Tripod Level.JPG
    Tripod Level.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 194
  • Tools 5.JPG
    Tools 5.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 172
  • Tools2.JPG
    Tools2.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Tools.JPG
    Tools.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 202
  • Essentials.JPG
    Essentials.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 209
  • Gen Set.JPG
    Gen Set.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 208
There have been a number of experiments involving use of the Phase III dish with Ku/Ka LNBs. The mounting arm apparently needs to be modified to get a reliable three satellite view.

Note that due to the size of the reflector, this is largely a fair weather endeavor.

keep us updated, I too am very interested in finding a way to receive mpeg4 hd's while we are camping. I was in the very first wave of directv hd dvr's and thus to run all 7 at our house, we had to have 2 of the huge (to me at least) dishes installed, I understand all kinds of advancements have been made, single line setups, 3 lnb's instead of 5, etc, etc. But I have no idea about how much smaller the mpeg4 hd dishes have gotten, I've always just used a pretty standard tripod (bought it with a dish 500 dual lnb but quickly replaced that dish with a 19" dlnb I had lying around) and just pointed it at single sat and got my tv that way. This year, I believe we are in the same location for 24 days, so the extra effort required to get mpeg4 hd to our trailer seems within reason, please continue to update as I said, I have bookmarked your thread and hope to get some recommendations for what to do.

Thanks in advance.

-John

Get a new reflector bolt in there and retest. I've seen some serious issues where something didn't work because the reflector bent from missing the screw. It could account for the slightest move/lost signals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)