DirecTV Multiswitch and Dish Upgrade Information

Status
Please reply by conversation.

harley52

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
This is for informational purposes only. (This is the chain of events)

I had a picture quality problem so I decide to upgrade my multiswitch and the dish since it was 5 years old. I upgraded a few weeks back to the multiswitch Zinwell WB68 6X8 (No problem). Last weekend I upgraded the dish from a phase 2 dish to an AU9-S 5 LNB dish since its most current for HD (No problem). I am also preparing to add the International dish next weekend for my wife. I needed to run one more cable to the kid’s room to the tivo and added the cables to the flex ports for the international dish. I ran the cables and decided to hook up the flex port cables to the grounding block later and finish the kid’s room. When I checked the signal strength I had lost sat 110 sat on all TVs and lost a ¼% of all signal strength. I called DirecTV and they said I had a bad port on the Multiswitch and to change ports. I didn’t want to crawl under the house again so I decided to finish hooking up the flex port cables to the grounding block on the roof. When I came off the roof and checked the signal strength to my surprise the 110 sat was back and the signal strength was back. According to my electrician with the flex port cables not grounded it acted like an antenna and degraded the multiswitch power once it was grounded then everything was fine. My also looking for any comments from this board because this doesn't make any sense to me.

Last edited:
what type of au9 dish do u have. is it the one with the 2 seperate lnbs that has the 2 plug in ports or the one with 2 lnbs that have 2 coax ports. if so u, your better off getting the slimline. ive had problems with the those older gen dishes losing 119/110 or all even transponders.

what type of au9 dish do u have. is it the one with the 2 seperate lnbs that has the 2 plug in ports or the one with 2 lnbs that have 2 coax ports. if so u, your better off getting the slimline. ive had problems with the those older gen dishes losing 119/110 or all even transponders.

The AU9 IS the slimline. Please don't tell us that you are an installer.

yes i am an installer but can care less by the model numbers of these kakus, either its a slimline or its not.

No I'm not an installer. I'm just a person who's tried of getting messed around with Directv schedule changes. They tell you one day for install and then change it to another. The AU9-S is the slimline dish and it was very easy to install and point. I purchased it from www.solidsignal.com. I also purchased the International dish from them which should be in this week. Now I see this post has gone away from the questions that I asked from the orginal post. Has anyone ever ran across the problems that I saw?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts