Directv National Downgrade Day Feb. 28, 2005

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ken101

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 10, 2004
The day is set. Don't forget to call and make your voice heard. Directv has decided to thrust a cable like increase on its customers March 1, 2005 by raising price on T.C. by $2.00 a month and T.C. Plus by a whopping $3.00 a month. Show Directv that your mad as hell and not gonna take it by participating in the first annual Directv National Downgrade Day this Feb. 28, 2005. Downgrade a little or downgrade a lot, but just downgrade.

how many people do you think will be participating? maybe a poll in the direct tv forum might give you a better idea.

$2 after all these years and with new birds going up? I can take it cause its way cheaper than cable with less options.

LMAO you folks are bigger whinners than E*. You're giving us to much credit :D

As a D* employee, I think I speak for fellow CSR's when I say..

"WE DON'T GIVE A SH**!!"

Wait, I'll just transfer all of those calls to mainbank ;)

I don't expect the csr's to care. That's not the point of this campaign.
And it's a $3.00 increase on T.C. Plus not $2.00.

Dude seriously. It's not DirecTVs fault.

E* is increasing even more than D* is. And both will still be far less than cable...

Face the facts, prices go up and up. If $2 or $3 per month is too much for your liking then yes you should cancel and dust off the old rabbit ears since that's the only thing that won't go up (until you need to buy an ATSC tuner).

rad said:
Face the facts, prices go up and up. If $2 or $3 per month is too much for your liking then yes you should cancel and dust off the old rabbit ears since that's the only thing that won't go up (until you need to buy an ATSC tuner).

Now as a directv csr myself, This is a bit closer to my feelings on the situation than "WE DON'T GIVE A SH**" which was mentioned earlier. I personally care and try to make each and every customer I talk to have a pleasant experience. On the other hand don't call and start whining to me because i'll only care so much before i get sick of the childish whining.

(Of course not directed toward you rad, just quoting your good point)

Rancid1 I am not condoning anyone whining. Just call up and downgrade. Wish the friendly csr a happy downgrade day. I for one will not bitch or complain as I will save $4.00 a month by downgrading so I'll be in a good mood. If enough people do downgrade and some will by getting rid of premium channels than it can make a difference. I'm hoping for 30% to downgrade between now and June 1. This might make Directv realize that when smaller increases are given, then less people downgrade and they take in the same additional amount as when they levy large increases and more people downgrade.

I would expect maybe 100 people would downgrade, maximum under ideal circumstances, due to this campaign (although more may downgrade due to the increase), but I would not expect it to make a dent in DirecTV's bottom line. If you downgrade, their cost goes down (payment to programmers), and they are still adding subs hand over fist. As long as they have you as a customer at all, you are profit to them, and while yes they would like to keep you at whatever higher level than TC you are at, the costs that they would incur by NOT increasing rates is probably much greater than any lost revenue that they will lose due to downgrades/cancellations.

Oh Joe you underestimate us. A 100, please, try thousands. And expect millions to downgrade now or in the next few months. Don't forget the time spent by each csr to downgrade you, it adds up when your talking mass amounts of people.

I HIGHLY doubt that "millions" will be downgrading in the next few months. People in this country just eat price increases and deal with it. Gas has gone up 110% since I started driving but we just buy bigger gas guzzlers and driver further and further. Don't really think you're having an impact on DirecTV's business decisions, because you're not.

Think about it for a second. This is D*'s 3rd price increase in their HISTORY???? How bad is that really? Look at what's happening this year: new satellites going up, LIL HD, home media option coming for DTivos. You're griping about a measley price increase with all that happening?

If I was still with E* I would gripe only because they don't have any kind of roadmap for the future like D*.

Whats the point?

Whats the point? Count me out. Why don't you take this energy and fight a greater cause? How about you match DIRECTV and pledge $2 a month to a family that doesn't have tv or even heat to keep there home warm. Grow up and be thankful you have the ability to enjoy DIRECTV.

leschristy said:
Whats the point? Count me out. Why don't you take this energy and fight a greater cause? How about you match DIRECTV and pledge $2 a month to a family that doesn't have tv or even heat to keep there home warm. Grow up and be thankful you have the ability to enjoy DIRECTV.

Great point. There are much bigger things in the world to be worried about.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts