Directv National Downgrade Day Feb. 28, 2005

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No I don't go to Blockbuster or rent many movies. Downgrading will not lead to more movie rentals for me.

Ken101 said:
And my good friend in Boise who is a csr says that his supervisor has told him they expect the number of downgrades to be just into the double digits.

I would be extremely surprised to see 1,300,000 customers call in to d/g in the month after the increase takes affect. My estimate is probably 1-3%, let's sat 130,000 - 400,000 customers total.
Would you get your friend to let us know how many truly d/g in March. Should be very interesting.
Thanks

Joseph I'm not even going off the poll. Rather what Directv is expecting in the form of downgrades. Whenever there is a price increase, people downgrade. With this being their largest price increase ever, they are expecting more people to downgrade. So like that poll or not it is close to what Directv themselves is expecting.

I'm not just talking downgading in March either. Some people already downgraded upon hearing of the price increases. I will wait till Feb. 28 and still most customers won't even be aware of any increase till sometime into March. Expect some people to wait a few months as they watch their programming habits and then decide if they should downgrade. I was told around the period of last years price increase around 700,000 plus people downgraded. So yes expect over 1,000,000 to do so. There are alot of people unlike alot of you who may otherwise understand the need for a price increase, but at the same time are unwilling to pay more.

And I'm sure there will be quite a few who downgrade and then realize they miss a channel or channels too much and upgrade again.
Directv knows many will downgrade, but know they will still gain millions of new subs this year and that they will greatly offset any losses due to downgrades.

To also make a point in regards to the increase, look what channels (as someone pointed out earlier for example ESPN) are charging. Earlier last year, there was a big deal here with Cox Cable possibly not having ESPN due to ESPN charging 20% more per year over a five year period, and I'm sure MANY other channels are doing the same.

Ken101 said:
I will wait till Feb. 28 and still most customers won't even be aware of any increase till sometime into March.

Considering the fact that we are sending out the price increase info with your bill (we figure that the majority of subscribers do get a paper bill still and also figure they will open it and take a look to see how much they owe.) I doubt that the majority of subscribers won't know until some time into March. Those that don't recieve a paper bill are being sent a 'mailer' with the same info. And those that request their bill electronicaly are informed through email.

We are making an effort.
And always do.

Just my two cents.
(And no I didn't read most of this thread)

Blockbuster online 15 bucks a month

I've downgraded my directv from everything to just hbo since I joined online rental. I receive 3 movies at a time and can keep them as long as I want. I'm now watching new releases, :) not the same old movies the pay channels show over and over.

Death...Taxes...and Price Increases. Sure as the sun will rise. This is the price for breathing in America. For luxury, premium products like Satellite Television, you have the choice not to pay. We all went in knowing we were gonna help make a new batch of billionaires. Yes, D* and E* are drawing tons of blood with these increases, but yours doesn't have to be part of it. It's a take or leave it deal here.

No updates today ken101? Wow......your good friend in Boise must of didn't contact you today. :no

How many people read the message section of their bill?

not changing a thing

was reading the post about downgrading my service later on and will not do that as i have spend too much to get my high def and other pieces of gear in place. i may go and just not have the double whopper at lunch one day and may care a bag lunch one day and not to subway to make up for it

as for the cost are going up yes they are and they are paying more and more for services to their workers and such. so i will just live with it and say no big deal. just my rand and sorry if u dont like my side of it :) :)

johninillinois said:
. i may go and just not have the double whopper at lunch one day and may care a bag lunch one day and not to subway to make up for it

as for the cost are going up yes they are and they are paying more and more for services to their workers and such. so i will just live with it and say no big deal. just my rand and sorry if u dont like my side of it :) :)

hey I own some subways, lets not drag them into it now, if you dont go to subway that means I cant pay my directv bill :D

Way to go jmhunter83! That's the spirit of National Downgrade Day. Only 11 days away. Kinda like waiting for Christmas, isn't it kids?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts