DirecTV New HD channel additions and rumors

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
but they are getting info from rumors at the other site ;)

rumor is next Thursday for the rest (except Encore) but not confirmed yet

Just saw this, with dates (from smatvee.com):

DIRECTV Adding 7 HD Channels by January 31st!

DIRECTV announced today that they are adding 7 more HD channels with the following launch schedule:
January 24[SUP]th[/SUP]:

• TV Land HD
  • Investigation Discovery HD
  • Lifetime Movie Network HD
January 31[SUP]st[/SUP]:

• Headline News (HLN) HD
  • Independent Film Channel (IFC) HD
  • Cooking Channel HD
  • H2 HD
There were rumors that Encore Action HD would be launching as well but no confirmation yet from DIRECTV.

Cool but wish they would add Encore Action and Drama in hd also but at least we get more by the end of month and maybe Encore in February ;) :) They all look good to me in HD :)

OK from the "Directv you have this ass backwards" category

SO I go through the guide (I have a favorites list set up) and they don't show in the guide nor are there any gaudy "HEY THE WIFEBEATER NETWORK IS NOW IN HD" banners. If I switch to "channels I get" the banners show.

So I go into my favorites and remove the SD version and add the HD versions.
Now in my favorites those gaudy banners show up now.

ummm...wouldnt you want to let people know its in HD if it ISNT in their favorites? If we added them obviously we know they are in HD ;)

Netflix has The Andy Griffith Show in 4:3 hd. Very good pq. Pretty sure tvland will not be showing it in hd. Nonetheless this channel will be a good pickup in hd IMO.

Just saw a quick minute of TAGS & it looked damn good on my sharp 70 inch, the guide did have it listed it as HD.....

I honestly came on this site right now to post this, nearly ver-batim... So, I second Iceberg's post!

OK from the "Directv you have this ass backwards" category

SO I go through the guide (I have a favorites list set up) and they don't show in the guide nor are there any gaudy "HEY THE WIFEBEATER NETWORK IS NOW IN HD" banners. If I switch to "channels I get" the banners show.

So I go into my favorites and remove the SD version and add the HD versions.
Now in my favorites those gaudy banners show up now.

ummm...wouldnt you want to let people know its in HD if it ISNT in their favorites? If we added them obviously we know they are in HD ;)

Just noticed the new channels today and came here and found this thread, looking forward to the rest of them.

so now just thinking

If D* launches the other 4 next Thursday and doesnt get rid of the existing banners.....and then add 4 more?

Oh good lord...

so now just thinking

If D* launches the other 4 next Thursday and doesnt get rid of the existing banners.....and then add 4 more?

Oh good lord...

I think they will be gone. But people won't see the banners anyway unless they add the HD channels in the first place. What comes first the chicken or the egg?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

What exactly is in HD on TVland? Other than improved video quality of old favorites

Thinking some of there original programing that they have some of there new shows?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)