DIRECTV NOW LAUNCH

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Since I've been home the app is finally installed correctly on all my fire TVs, and the service is performing much better.

Still getting the occasional dropout but I haven't gotten an error yet.

Much better experience so far. Gonna keep testing it alongside vue and compare the two as much as I can

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This was their response when I complained about the Error 60 on twitter:

"Delete app from device and download new updated app. Open app and attempt to view content."

I did that and did not have any problems all day.

First error message on two fire TVs that were running the service concurrently. Error 40.

The Vue that was running on the same channel on the other fire TV hasn't stuttered

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Day 2 for me is worse than day 1. I'm staring at the blue rectangle with the "this video failed to load" message. Nowhere during signup did they have a disclaimer that said "you won't be able to use our product for the first 2 days." I pre-paid for the Apple TV deal. If these buffering issues continue throughout the first 3 months, I'm done with DTV Now.

Day 2 for me is worse than day 1. I'm staring at the blue rectangle with the "this video failed to load" message. Nowhere during signup did they have a disclaimer that said "you won't be able to use our product for the first 2 days." I pre-paid for the Apple TV deal. If these buffering issues continue throughout the first 3 months, I'm done with DTV Now.
Well if it lasts for three months I think everyone will be done.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ronnie-
Im just gonna hold back until they get the Roku app out and then try the Roku Ultra and the ATV with it. Until then, I can use my "free" ATV in the bedroom.

With Amazon launching HBO and Max video sub's today, to go along with Showtime and Starz, I really almost need no video service except for a few channels and ESPN.

Today is definitely light years better for me. My main tech issue is regular channel freezing. A channel will freeze and it won't start again without going back out to guide and clicking it again.

My checklist to allow me to ditch sat completely:
  • NBC live streaming.
  • CBS added to list of channels
  • Resolve recurring tech issues
  • Add my local RSN's (FSNY, MSG)
  • NFL Network
Not a huge list. Every 3rd party app/channel login added is a plus. DD and DVR can come in time but get me what is missing first.

Went to my local AT&T store today, signed up and got the free Apple TV. They actually were very knowledgeable about the product and I was in and out in ten minutes. The set up was OK but took awhile to update to the latest software. No issues with signing in. The remote will take some getting used to. Wish we had some locals on the system here in Denver.

Will they be offering the Direct Now app (free) for those of us that have Satellite? Was thinking of loading up an Apple TV in the upstairs bedroom.

Thoughts ?

Will they be offering the Direct Now app (free) for those of us that have Satellite? Was thinking of loading up an Apple TV in the upstairs bedroom.

Thoughts ?
No, not for free as it is a separate service. You have access to the Directv app and can stream on the go with it. I am not sure if there is an app for apple tv or roku, but I would doubt it, as it (the directv app, not directv now) is designed to let you watch on the go instead of in the home.

You obviously could subscribe to it in addition to your sat service, but paying $35 for just a single tv when you could add a client to your existing system would not be the cheapest route.

After a good start last night, the stuttering and reload errors finally became irritating to the point that I just turned it off and went back to using Vue. While the second day was an improvement, there is still alot of work to be done.

Reactions: reddice
I went to ATT yesterday and picked up the ATV. Setup when I got home last night took me a little bit since I am not very familiar with apples products. Once I got it setup and going I did not have any issues. Flipping channels was smooth and I had no errors. Maybe I got lucky and will continue using to test before I cancel DTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.