DIRECTV NOW LAUNCH

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yeah, Cinemax was a major offender, but I have noticed on Sling loading Cinemax and HBO usually has a delay, guess it is the way the app has to access content.

We get spoiled by how well the Amazon and Netflix apps work, but they have years of experience LOL.

my failure to load errors seem to happen more often when going to commercial from a show. I wonder if it has something to do with targeted ad logic.

*edit

This is getting ridiculous now, getting an error every few minutes. Going to finish my show on Vue. No issues there.

Reactions: reddice
I was getting error 60 messages this afternoon. I was the only one watching.

Error Message 60: Too Many Streams

You have reached the limit of playable devices for your subscription. Currently, you can stream content simultaneously on up to two devices with DIRECTV NOW®.

An additional subscription is required if you need more than two simultaneous streams.

Reactions: Link
yeah, Cinemax was a major offender, but I have noticed on Sling loading Cinemax and HBO usually has a delay, guess it is the way the app has to access content.

We get spoiled by how well the Amazon and Netflix apps work, but they have years of experience LOL.
Vue works flawlessly in comparison (for me anyway) without those years of experience.

Sling for the most part did, although I had trouble during bug demand events.

I am sure all of this will get sorted, I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You have reached the limit of playable devices for your subscription. Currently, you can stream content simultaneously on up to two devices with DIRECTV NOW®.

An additional subscription is required if you need more than two simultaneous streams.
This is happening to me, and many others from my reading online. One of many bugs we will no doubt encounter early on.

I guess I shoulda specified on the delay too, that was loading Max and HBO VOD, like a previous episode of Westworld. Just tuning to channel Sling is fine, Directv seemed slow though and gave errors moving to live Max.

Looks like I'm not the only one getting errors. Haha
I got tired dealing with it and went back using Vue.
Clearly first day and probably few weeks buggy period. They will eventually get things worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I am getting the same error this evening trying to watch.

Lol, the error 60 message is one I have NOT gotten. Yet

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I cant login either. I started the process of buying it and clicked out as I had to get my credit card. Came back in and now I cant order anything and it gives me a something went wrong on our end error. If I try to setup a new account it wont let me as it sees my email as an existing account.

Reactions: larry55
Only error I'll have a problem with is the "cannot cancel error" before my trial is up. lol

Service sucks. Regret paying for the month to get a free Fire TV stick. First Nicktoons and TeenNick are not in HD only 480i come on. Now I get error 40 on my Fire TV which is not rooted and error 60 on my ATV4 even though I am only streaming on one device.

You have reached the limit of playable devices for your subscription. Currently, you can stream content simultaneously on up to two devices with DIRECTV NOW.

I got this earlier but was only using one stream.

I just tried it on the AT&T network and was greeted with this.

IMG_1480559190.705806.jpg

Btw I rebooted my iPhone and now can take screenshots of the video playing (before he video playing would not capture and show black).

Reactions: mackie99
show finished. Changed back from Vue to DTV Now. can't even get it to launch without login connectivity error.

The only issue I am experiencing right now is logging in. Logging in did not go too smoothly. I had to try to log in two times on apple tv before it logged in. Using the app could not log in. I got a message wait 60 min. for too many attempted log ins. The service looks good using my apple tv on my tv though.
Cannot say Direct TV Now was the issue logging in. Being a new password I confused it with old one and was putting the old password in. My mistake. The service looks good using my apple tv. The service will be good for me since this is a tough financial time.

I've been seeing audio sync problems on a Fire TV box. Picked up the "free" ATV in store today but haven't hooked it up yet.

Have also noticed that 2.0 audio is the only audio available from what I've seen so far.

Found this on The Verge review;

Does DirecTV Now support 5.1 surround sound?
Yes. Currently 5.1 audio output is available only on Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)