DIRECTV NOW LAUNCH

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So HBO and access to HBO Go for $5 a month? They must be making up for the difference with the higher rates than Sling.

From reading, apparently the pause button (which only works on some channels) only works for 5-10 seconds. Any longer and it kicks you back to the current point in the live broadcast when you hit play. Which begs the question, whats the point of it?

I have not tested this myself.

I've seen a report that DirecTV Now has 5.1 sound. Is that correct? I know PS Vue does not and though thats a bummer it wasn't a deal killer for me.

5.1 audio would be a step up, though somewhat limited in its value, applicable for sports and movies.
From reading, apparently the pause button (which only works on some channels) only works for 5-10 seconds. Any longer and it kicks you back to the current point in the live broadcast when you hit play. Which begs the question, whats the point of it?

I have not tested this myself.
5 to 10 minutes would seem to make more sense.

PS Vue offers something similar. In the on-screen guide certain past programs will be labeled "Catch Up," meaning you can still select and watch them, and the guide can go back several days. It was very hit and miss as to which shows were available that way.
I dont think its available on any channels yet.

Is there any service now that has:
  • NHL Network
  • NBA TV
  • MLB Network
  • Cloud DVR
  • OTA Networks on-demand (I realize CBS is a pay service)
  • Roku avail

Is there any service now that has:
  • NHL Network
  • NBA TV
  • MLB Network
  • Cloud DVR
  • OTA Networks on-demand (I realize CBS is a pay service)
  • Roku avail
Vue has some of that, but does not offer NHL or MLB. Or cbs.

Sling offers the sports channels except MLB, and the dvr is in invite only beta at the moment. I also do not think they offer CBS on demand (I may be wrong there).

I am watching it on apple tv. The only issue I am experiencing right now is logging in. Logging in did not go too smoothly. I signed up using safari on my mac, but didn't watch on there. I had to try to log in two times on apple tv before it logged in. I then logged out in safari on the mac. I next proceeded to try the app on my iphone with att. Using the app on the iphone I could not get logged in. I don't think I am entering any of my details incorrectly. I went back to safari and also could not log in. I got a message wait 60 min. for too many attempted log ins. The service looks good using my apple tv on my tv though.

If I try watching my local NBC I get the following error.

IMG_1480538032.866083.jpg

Video SDK Error

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Scott, I just had a thought. Do you need the actual android tv app for this, as like I said I have not seen the TV platform on any release papers that say it is coming.

If I am not mistaken however, the shield, like any other android tv box, does have cast capabilities built in, which is essentially chromecast. You could probably cast it just like a chromecast would (or I would think its perhaps possible anyway).

Looks like their iOS app is not Chromecast Compatible. It does not see any of my chromecast devices nor does the Chromecast App (now google home) show it being Chromecast compatible.

IMG_1480538923.132035.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)