DIRECTV NOW LAUNCH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had lots of freezes last night and I finally went back to Vue.

I have a Harmony 650 that takes care of that issue of the Apple remote.

Reactions: reddice
My latest observations comparing Vue and Now.

Been using both for the past week, and have another longer trial of Now to try.

As of now Vue is a better service and if I had to choose today, it is what I would go with. The pq is good on both, vue is ever so slightly better however. The dvr function is something Now does not offer, and I do use it occasionally.

The five stream vs two is not a huge deal for our usage, but occasionally we will have three going, and for the same basic money, more is better.

Now does win on channel selection. It would be a wash before the Viacom drop a few weeks ago, but right now, it is what it is. (This is based on my usage and what we watch only)

Stability for now is a landslide for Vue, but Now has drastically improved and is more or less stable now. I could see myself using it as it improves.

Going to continue to test and compare over the next month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comparison. What I miss from PSVue is History channel Vikings & American Pickers but would rather have Redzone and NFL network. RZ likely will never be available on Now. I did read on Vue forum Viacom channels could come back not that I care only Spike TV I watched occasionally. They still haven't removed Viacom channels from guide so a deal could be struck.
I'm completely on Vue now supplemented by Dish locals and really do like it after going with FireTV box. Its as good as any DVR.

so far tonight, stability is there. Not sure what happened last night.

Vue still best service overall as stated a couple posts up, but value is with DTVNow on the $35 and $5 HBO. I guess we will see what happens if the ATT TimeWarner merger gets denied. I think the $5 price is factoring in it being an internal asset and a way to draw people to the service.

As for things like RZ, I can see them offering the Directv redzone channel.

Am I correct in saying most all the guide channels are live? I compared four or five of them in the small amount of time I've played with it since signing up last week and they were all live channels.

Overall it has every channel I want other than locals of course which I knew going in. It's has a few more channels that I wanted compared to my dish flex pack which is also $35, but $77 after all the equipment fees and HBO now. I am unable to get any local OTA channels due to LOS being blocked.

Since I have Comcast for internet I wonder if I can just get a cheap local HD channel plan from them and then somehow combine there channels with the DTVNOW channnels on the same steaming device?

Yes, the channels are live. There may be a slight delay in delivery (this is common among different providers, dish may be 30 seconds ahead of directv or the reverse could be true), but it is live in the same sense as traditional pay tv.

I don't have any issues with Vue but Now's channel selection has more channels at launch that I want with the potential of more coming sooner. I have no doubt NFL Network will be here at some point. The main issue right now is stability and bugs. It's been a week and apparently demand has far exceeded expectations to the point I think Now was caught off guard, hence the capacity issues.

One week is too soon to say Now is a failure. Three months?

Got an email this morning saying that 72 hour rewind is now live.

"Relax, with 72 Hour Rewind you don't need to worry about catching your show on time. And if you really love it, go ahead and watch it again... and again!"

NOW last night was very stable. I only had one or two freezes while watching from 4-9 or so. Much improved.

Got an email this morning saying that 72 hour rewind is now live.

"Relax, with 72 Hour Rewind you don't need to worry about catching your show on time. And if you really love it, go ahead and watch it again... and again!"
How does that work exactly?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I can see it when I select a channel on it's ICON, it gives me the option to roll back 3 days in the guide and then watch a show.

I assume there is no skip option with this

IMG_0200.JPG
IMG_0201.JPG
IMG_0203.JPG

It is live and there is the step by step

Hit the channel name on guide
Go to what day you want and program
Hit watch now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone received their free fire stick yet? I can only watch through my iPhone and iPad right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the channels are live. There may be a slight delay in delivery (this is common among different providers, dish may be 30 seconds ahead of directv or the reverse could be true), but it is live in the same sense as traditional pay tv.
I've clocked the DNow channels being about 40-45 secs behind the same channel via Comcast.

Reactions: rwjga
Started the NOW 7 day trial today. I'm actually impressed with PQ comparing PSVue on 2 Sony 930d with same calibration side by side. If anything reds on Now are little more accurate. Hoping first week bugs are worked out, most curious how it handles high user load prime-time and during highly watched events.
If it works and DVR gets added the lock in price will be great but many know how Directv nickles and dimes to squeeze everything they can out. With $6 rate increase + local RSN increase coming on satellite Extra package next month I can see this getting dinged also. It's still going to be a deal with the grandfathered startup price for awhile anyway.

Another little surprise I noticed AHC is in HD.

Reactions: Spankey00
72 hour rewind would be handy, if it were available on more channels. Nearly every one I checked that I would use it for it wasn't on there (granted it wasn't many, but the first three were not)

Also a minor gripe with the guide. With vue if I'm looking and say college basketball is on, it gives me more info like the teams playing. With now it's just a generic "college basketball" which is not all that helpful unless I already know what channels my team is on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)