DIRECTV NOW LAUNCH

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was thinking of trying it out, but no way with them not having local games on the RSNs, which I don't see mentioned anywhere on their site.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/directv-now-has-its-share-of-sports-but-no-nfl-sunday-ticket-or-local-rsn-games.html
Yeah, I posted about that somewhere myself, tried to watch a Warriors game the other night and discovered it's blacked out. Well, now we know of at least one way that DirecTV was able to pad the channel count without really costing them any money as these channels without games are next to worthless. I was recommending the service to my mother as a way to save some money(fixed income, ret.) but I called her back and said to forget it as it's no good for watching Giants baseball games.

It's funny too as DirecTV makes a special section that lists all these channels as if they're something special. It's all about the marketing! ;)

Reactions: reddice
Got my ATV in today, that was quick. Good thing too my Roku Ultra bit the bucket and I had given the ATV I borrowed back to a friend...

Installing and downloading up date now.

Does the ATV cut off the stream when you go to home? because if you go right back into the app it picks up where it left off almost, or like it seems.

Yes, I was thinking it was weak hotspot signal (county wide att outage so I'm using backup), but maybe that isn't the case.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

tonight is the worst I've experienced. A little better right now from earlier, but still unwatchable.

I dumped it after the trial.
I'll gladly revisit after things stabilize and add cloud dvr.
I'm staying with Vue for now. Has everything I need.
Directv Now engineers should visit Vue and see how things should be with a streaming tv provider.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: reddice and Link
I dumped it after the trial.
I'll gladly revisit after things stabilize and add cloud dvr.
I'm staying with Vue for now. Has everything I need.
Directv Now engineers should visit Vue and see how things should be with a streaming tv provider.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Nope. So far so good. Had one freeze at 7:45 but smooth since. I'm sure it will happen again but seeing improvements daily.

Aaaaaand I spoke too soon. Totally frozen during the usual hours. This is silly. You would think someone would at least address this issue or maybe they are happy until there is enough churn.

Man. What a disaster service was tonight. I had nothing to watch and just kept it playing to see if it ever cleared up. . Nope.....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I saw an article that an AT&T exec said they had more subscribers on launch day than they expected to have in the entire first month of December.

With that, it is entirely possible they didn't have enough capacity in place for the launch and it is resulting in the trouble that many users are experiencing.
Hopefully they can ramp quickly to support the growing base or it will do the opposite of grow.

https://www.cnet.com/news/att-directv-now-demand-rather-dramatic-donald-trump-regulations/
That's according to AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall Stephenson, who said the company hit its December goal for new subscribers the day the streaming TV service launched.

"The early demand has been rather dramatic," Stephenson said at an investor conference on Tuesday.

Is anyone worried about the special price $35 not being that special? I won't be surprised once the DVR service starts you will get the option to change to normal package pricing with DVR service or live without it. This is just how Directv/AT&T works.

I think it will be an add on, but I feel the base $35 will hold. Or then they may go 100% on demand too.
I was trying to figure out pricing. If it goes $45 that would work but I worried they will force everyone to normal pricing ($60) if you want DVR service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts