DIRECTV NOW LAUNCH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Don't want to talk too soon but since 9:45 all freezing has stopped again. Seriously seems like some prime time server load balancing.

Too soon! LOL

Last edited:
I gave up last night. Kept giving me that annoying blue box on the FTV. I though the ATV would be better which it was until it just kept freezing up. This service is terrible and should have never been released.

I also should get a refund for a free trail which they charged me because I pre-paid for the month to get the FTV stick.

The free trial comes after the prepaid month if I am not mistaken

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

PQ tonight is a hair better for me than on sat. That's saying something. TV was flawless today until we once again hit the 7:30 hour and the freezing started. Get that fixed and NBC available on Sat and I will move completely over to Now. There is no reason the freezing has to happen if every other app and provider can manage live streaming.
It happens every night around that time. Service is great until around 7PM then it buffers, freezes, error messages and black screens.

They charged it for the prepaid month. The free seven days comes after the paid month is up. So after your prepaid month that you were charged for is up, you get a free seven days.

I cancelled the service. Still charged no refund and I can't even sign up again until the billing date not that I am going to I am staying with Slingtv. But come on really every other service lets you reactive if you cancel before your billing cycle.

Attachments

• 2016-12-04_173703.png
    2016-12-04_173703.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 110
I cancelled the service. Still charged no refund and I can't even sign up again until the billing date not that I am going to I am staying with Slingtv. But come on really every other service lets you reactive if you cancel before your billing cycle.
I can understand no refund.

Can you not log in with your previous id? The month is paid for, even if you cancel that account should be active for the duration you paid for.

I do get the frustration with the issues. I have them myself.

I guess I'm not getting the other. Why would you think they would refund it ?

And why did you say you can't sign up again when your account is still active until the time you paid for is up?

Sorry, just confused.

I signed up because they have FXX for the Simpsons something Sling does not have no FXX live is a waste so it is very frustrating having to get the service and out of the three channels I watch the two I watch the most are not even in HD.

Sorry after I cancelled this rubbish service I have less options and no way to reactive it at all.
Ok, but you could after the time you paid for is up.

I see alot of issues so far, this one I guess I just don't get. You're already active.

Why would you need to sign up a day after you cancel, especially when you have an active account ?

Wait until til it runs out and try again.

They do have stuff to fix. I agree.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I cancelled. I have a 300 mbps plan, but it's irrelevant if their servers can't handle the traffic. Paying $35 for 100 channels is great in theory, but only if the service works. So I decided just to stick with plan ol' reliable satellite. A tech installed 2 brand spankin new genie mini C61s yesterday. I even got the new remote with the new ATT/DTV logo. :)

It obviously costs more this way, but I know it works (unless there's a massive rain storm). And I do get locals and MASN to watch the Orioles.

I did the 3 month pre-play plan for Now, so I've basically gotten a discounted Apple TV. At least I'm not out anything.

Reactions: anex80 and reddice
Im prob gonna hang back and wait for a Roku app on my Ultra, which should be before my 3 months is up. If it works fine then and I like it, I will swap from Sling. If not, I am not going to open the ATV I get, and will just sell it for $100 or something ;)

I do not like the Apple TV, and since I need this in my main HT, I am not putting a 1080p box there when everything else I have does 4K.

I'm going to hang in. We are still less than a week in. So far today I have been running for 4 hours straight without a hiccup. If they get rid if the prime time hangups I'm good to go. I get locals in the clear from my cable company just by having internet service with them. So not worried there.

I had freeze issues all weekend but it was mostly at night it seems.It happened on several different channels.

Still can't sign onto my Apple TV for HBO GO, even though I had no problem on the Roku.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)