DIRECTV NOW LAUNCH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm on the same price schedule - it's $7 per receiver after your first one (which is "free"), and that doesn't include tax.

That's one of the reasons these streaming options are so appealing -- you can have an infrequently used TV hooked up that won't cost you $84/year.

Reactions: Spankey00
$28 dollars for the 5 of them all together, right ...
Its not $28 each ... the $28 is including tax.

$7 per receiver after the first one. Not including tax.

I seriously looked at keeping my Sat tonight so I checked my Statement. I'm sure I could have the receiver fee or HD fee waived if I try and cancel. Still, with DTVN and Vue I get all channels plus two premiums and Epix Hits for $100. I'd still be ahead.

Bigger for me? I'm in an area that gets Philly locals on Sat where I get both on cable. I'm a NY football fan. No need for Sunday ticket as with Vue I get NY locals and with DTVN I get both NY and Philly.

I signed up for Now, even though I am waiting for it to work on Roku , but I figured I would give a try on my iPhone and computer, only thing I found out is it won't work on Firefox only chrome, or IE that sucks, I wish I had known that first before I signed up.

Reactions: reddice
$7 per receiver after the first one. Not including tax.

I seriously looked at keeping my Sat tonight so I checked my Statement. I'm sure I could have the receiver fee or HD fee waived if I try and cancel. Still, with DTVN and Vue I get all channels plus two premiums and Epix Hits for $100. I'd still be ahead.

Bigger for me? I'm in an area that gets Philly locals on Sat where I get both on cable. I'm a NY football fan. No need for Sunday ticket as with Vue I get NY locals and with DTVN I get both NY and Philly.

That's what I'm doing trying to figure best way to keep TV bill under $100 and still get the programming I want. I need satellite or cable locals which makes it more complicated. Lowest packages available with Dish are $20 Welcome or $36 for Smart + DVR fee HWS $15. Add DTVN or Vue for rest & still saving and no commitment.

Ok, I am going to ask a dumb question so please forgive me up front. I have DIRECTV sat service, would there be any reason to subscribe to the DTVN as well? Would I gain anything? I don't plan on dropping the sat service as I require Sunday Ticket. Thanks

Ok, I am going to ask a dumb question so please forgive me up front. I have DIRECTV sat service, would there be any reason to subscribe to the DTVN as well? Would I gain anything? I don't plan on dropping the sat service as I require Sunday Ticket. Thanks
Then not really. You have access to all the channels and remote streaming with the DirecTV app.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

thats why, when you go to the link I sent you...you will see all the networks supporting it, sadly they arent one! Service is getting better, but still not there.

Reactions: rodder
So how has everyone's service been lately? My resolution was jumping around a little last night but overall it has been very good. Watching national championship on ESPN and hasn't cut out yet.

My wife and I want to cut the cord and just scoping out D*Now and Vue. I wish they could all get carriage agreements with locals so it would make it a lot easier for those of us in the sticks. Granted they all offer some sort of Network coverage via on demand or even live streaming app but my wife wants it as simple as D* is now...That is the hard part...Gotta keep the missus happy.

My wife and I want to cut the cord and just scoping out D*Now and Vue. I wish they could all get carriage agreements with locals so it would make it a lot easier for those of us in the sticks. Granted they all offer some sort of Network coverage via on demand or even live streaming app but my wife wants it as simple as D* is now...That is the hard part...Gotta keep the missus happy.

I'm in same boat with no OTA within 100 miles. With Dish Welcome package, 211k and EHD one time fee for DVR ability runs $20 month. Includes locals HD is free and no DVR fee. Add streaming service to fill in the rest. I just added the Hopper2 so my bill jumped $15 but not necessary the 211K works great as single channel DVR.

Reactions: electricianjoel
I'm in same boat with no OTA within 100 miles. With Dish Welcome package, 211k and EHD one time fee for DVR ability runs $20 month. Includes locals HD is free and no DVR fee. Add streaming service to fill in the rest. I just added the Hopper2 so my bill jumped $15 but not necessary the 211K works great as single channel DVR.

That's worth looking into as a Vue user since it has Comedy Central and History Channel. You can seriously get the Welcome Pack with a 211k receiver with a single tuner DVR for $20/mo. No monthly equipment rental fee?

That's worth looking into as a Vue user since it has Comedy Central and History Channel. You can seriously get the Welcome Pack with a 211k receiver with a single tuner DVR for $20/mo. No monthly equipment rental fee?

Yes with owned equipment, no contract pay as you go. Being single receiver there is no DVR fee on 211k but for dvr ability there is a 1 time $40 fee for hard drive hookup fee lifetime attached to account should hard drive fail you can replace without hookup fee again. Vip211K runs about $80 purchased + 2 gig hard drive, and expense of dish if you don't already have for owned equipment.

Under contract 2 year leased equipment the Welcome package is no longer offered unless grandfathered is my understanding. Next lowest package that includes locals is smart package for $36 month but doesn't have the missing channels you want. The $34 flex does have what you want but locals are extra. No doubt Dish has much cheaper base packages than Directv without extra fees like HD and RSN tax etc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)