DIRECTV NOW Launching in November!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Will the $35 price be for everyone or only available as a bundle for ATT wireless customers only? My bet is the price will be higher for non ATT wireless customers and their will be several higher price packages as well.

Will the $35 price be for everyone or only available as a bundle for ATT wireless customers only? My bet is the price will be higher for non ATT wireless customers and their will be several higher price packages as well.
We have not seen anything to make us think that the $35 price would be exclusive to any group. I would say it is an across the board price for everyone.

We have not seen anything to make us think that the $35 price would be exclusive to any group. I would say it is an across the board price for everyone.
except the fact that theAT&T CEO made sure to include in his statement that the “$35 includes unlimited mobile data for your TV viewing if you have AT&T.”

Reactions: 2sheds
except the fact that the ceo statement said "$35 includes unlimited mobile streaming if you are an att wireless customer"
That reads to me as if you get unlimited mobile streaming as a bonus if you are a wireless sub, not that the price is conditional on being a wireless sub.

Reactions: gadgtfreek
not me. AT&T practice to push bundling with discounts. LIke they did with Directv, offerred unlimited data and combined billing discount.

To me, the statement is way to get around the zero rating debate. We won't zero rate our own stuff, but your price includes unlimited directvnow. CEO's don't make mistakes like that nationally.

Reactions: 2sheds
heres a question for the masses

with wireless mobile unlimited streaming could one do this?
sub to service
put sim card in lte router
stream to tv via router?

not violate TOS?

just curious

Has anyone already posted this? I've seen discussions here along these lines.

DirecTV Now's $35 price includes 100 channels, but is there a catch...
http://cordcuttersnews.com/directv-nows-35-price-includes-100-channels-may-come-catch/

As far as "wireless" bundling goes, why isn't AT&T Wireless Home Phone & Internet considered for bundling with DirecTV, satellite or streaming? It's not even considered for the free data plan, only cellphones & tablets are.

except the fact that theAT&T CEO made sure to include in his statement that the “$35 includes unlimited mobile data for your TV viewing if you have AT&T.”
Damn! Went in last week to price AT&T versus what I pay for Verizon -- "the more expensive network." AT&T cost more.

Well, if they do require a wireless bundle, I won't be swapping. I recently looking into adding ATT cell and moving from VZW, after pricing and talking to folks, no thanks. Plus we already get a 22% discount on VZW with my wife's job.

Itll then come down to what they want $$$, and how the PQ is, also cloud DVR info vs Vue.

Last edited:
Well, if they do require a wireless bundle, I won't be swapping. I recently looking into adding ATT cell and moving from VZW, after pricing and talking to folks, no thanks. Plus we already get a 22% discount on VZW with my wife's job.

Itll then come down to what they want $$$, and how the PQ is, as long as cloud DVR vs Vue.

Did you try plugging in your wifes work e-mail address into the AT&T site to see if they also offer a discount?

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

many discounts are tied to the cell provider the company uses. i get one from verizon also because our company uses them

OK, I'm going to make a statement that I believe will make some CATV, Dish Network and Directv fans upset, but I believe this will come true as I look into my crystal ball predict the future...

Last weekend as I was watching TV via my Sling TV subscription I thought to myself, "I'm amazed at how good these HD channels look, like how no "box" is needed, enjoy the selection of channels within the main package as well as sub packages and LOVE the cost. Plus no dish is needed!". I thought back to the days when I experienced rain fade, cleared the dish of snow, had to replace the DVR a few times due to failure and paid 3-4 times as much.

On my way to work on Monday I thought "With Dish seeing subscriber growth and adding more and more channels, I can see Directv and cable companies coming out with IPTV services soon as well". Then I logged onto Satellite Guys later in the day and saw this announcement. Companies will no longer have the high expense of hardware, installers, call centers, etc. and will be able to pass the savings onto subscribers. Plus there will be competition to keep programming costs low, because if you don't like one, you simply cancel, install another app and subscribe.

DVR's are old-fashioned, on-demand and live channel streaming is in. Within the next 5-10 years the amount of satellite dishes and cable hookups will greatly be reduced.

Attachments

• crystal-ball-gazer.jpg
    crystal-ball-gazer.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 178
Reactions: dalyew
If I could stream everything live, and any shows (say Lethal Weapon on Fox or American Horror Story) episodes were always available in HD on demand so no recording was required (watch when you want), Id love it.

Even if the OD shows had a few forced commercials you could not skip, it would be fine (I think USA OD on Directv does that now). It saves me the headache of setting timers and keeping up with them, it also saves me the concern (since I stay 6-7 weeks behind at times) of a HDD failure and losing it all. That is where the Vue 28 day limit sucks, just make it all available all the time, and if you pay for the channel, you can watch an episode.

I mean its already out there, you can buy any Season on Amazon, and stream it whenever you want, so it's in the cloud. There is no reason an epsidoe that say airs tonight, can't be watched 3 months from now online if I pay for the channel.

If I could stream everything live, and any shows (say Lethal Weapon on Fox or American Horror Story) episodes were always available in HD on demand so no recording was required (watch when you want), Id love it.

Even if the OD shows had a few forced commercials you could not skip, it would be fine (I think USA OD on Directv does that now). It saves me the headache of setting timers and keeping up with them, it also saves me the concern (since I stay 6-7 weeks behind at times) of a HDD failure and losing it all. That is where the Vue 28 day limit sucks, just make it all available all the time, and if you pay for the channel, you can watch an episode.

I mean its already out there, you can buy any Season on Amazon, and stream it whenever you want, so it's in the cloud. There is no reason an epsidoe that say airs tonight, can't be watched 3 months from now online if I pay for the channel.
So, when the streaming thing is working ... can you stream tonight's episodes that you would see on the TV ?
I like to be able to watch THIS WEEKS stuff this week, not 4 weeks or more later ... I know shows are typically available days later, but it just seems like if I can't watch LIVE TV, whats the point ... I don't normally like to watch old stuff.

So, when the streaming thing is working ... can you stream tonight's episodes that you would see on the TV ?
I like to be able to watch THIS WEEKS stuff this week, not 4 weeks or more later ... I know shows are typically available days later, but it just seems like if I can't watch LIVE TV, whats the point ... I don't normally like to watch old stuff.
I am not sure on VOD when something is available but I THINK it is next day. With cloud DVR on Vue, it is obviously available just like it would be on your physical DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts