DIRECTV NOW Launching in November!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No ESPNs would be a deal breaker. Would also have to have AMC for "Better Call Saul," NHL, NBA and MLB nets, Chicago regional sports, since Des Moines is a solid Chicago sports town, and where are the other news channels?

ESPN and the ABC networks have already been announced

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

what do you really expect for the price?

everyone always wants a small pack, for cheap, but without channel such and such its a no go

honestly its hard to satisfy everyone

Reactions: osu1991 and satjay
Directv Now to carry entertainment studios nets
Entertainment Studios says its cable networks Comedy.TV and JusticeCentral.TV will be available on the new streaming service, DirecTV Now, when it launches later this month.
"We value our continued and expanding relationship with AT&T,” said Byron Allen, founder, chairman, and CEO of Entertainment Studios. “DirecTV Now customers will be able to enjoy watching our networks wherever they are at their convenience.”

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/99483/directv-now-to-carry-entertainment-studios-nets

In my case, the first thing I did before "cutting the cable" was to ensure I had a tivo on OTA. A 1 TB fee free Roamio will fix any local issues you may have, and then you Directv, Sling, Vue, whatever for the other stuff.

My plan has been tivo + one box to handle netflix, amazon and tv provider.

Gadget, that is true. Assuming you have good ota signal. Which some dont

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I would assume though, if you have the internet to stream live tv reliably you would be in range of an antenna, but also many places like an apartment don't make this easy... Luckily I have an easy access attic to mount an antenna.

Refurb Roamio OTA with lifetime service is on sale at Tivo for $199, should anyone need one for cord cutting or shaving. They do work really well if you have decent OTA coverage and the new guide from Rovi is currently correct for your area

Reactions: gadgtfreek
I would assume though, if you have the internet to stream live tv reliably you would be in range of an antenna, but also many places like an apartment don't make this easy... Luckily I have an easy access attic to mount an antenna.
That's probably true in many cases.

For me, I can cord cut and stream three tvs easily with vue.

I can also get most networks ota.

But I can't get FOX. No antenna I've tried.

I could get it when I lived ten miles south of here.

We are pulling out of the same DMA FYI. Lol. I'm just about 60 miles north. It's more difficult for me. (Well, I am getting some south miss stations too)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I can't get anything ota but can stream local news through their app. I do have USTV if anything network wise interest me. Everything else I use OD.
I really like the Vue dvr.
It may be tough for me to part with it if Directv Now does not have one.
These services are a no brainer especially for Charter internet.
No data caps for 7 years? I think. Per FCC approval of Charter/Time warner merger.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Refurb Roamio OTA with lifetime service is on sale at Tivo for $199, should anyone need one for cord cutting or shaving. They do work really well if you have decent OTA coverage and the new guide from Rovi is currently correct for your area

Unfortunately rovi completely screwed the guide data.

That's probably true in many cases.

For me, I can cord cut and stream three tvs easily with vue.

I can also get most networks ota.

But I can't get FOX. No antenna I've tried.

I could get it when I lived ten miles south of here.

We are pulling out of the same DMA FYI. Lol. I'm just about 60 miles north. It's more difficult for me. (Well, I am getting some south miss stations too)

My fox here sucks, I barely get it. They chose to go low power VHF for whatever reason, opposed to the others that are high power UHF. It comes in just enough to record on the Tivo LOL.

If you get one with lifetime like he suggested there is no monthly service fee for the life of the device

Actually, now that I look, the refurb for $199 must be sold out. Does anyone have a link for it in case I am looking in the wrong place?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts