DirecTV offers to customers who complain about dropped Viacom channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just called and got a pretty decent offer, not the best, but not too shabby. I asked what my ETF was which prompted the CSR to ask why, at which point I said I was unhappy about losing Comedy Central. CSR immediately offered the following, which I took:

- $10/mo off for 6 months
- $10/mo off for 3 months (combined with above for a total of $20 the 1st 3 mo)
- 3 mo Starz and Sho

DirecTV Offering Credit

Due to the current Viacom/DirecTV dispute, which has resulted in the loss of SpikeTV amongst other channels, DirecTV is offering its customers a $5 monthly credit plus all the Showtimes channels at no additional cost.

Last edited:
but the link makes it sound like EVERYONE is getting that which they aren't

I have yet to get anything and I called in twice

but the link makes it sound like EVERYONE is getting that which they aren't

I have yet to get anything and I called in twice

I had to call in 5 different times till I got the right CSR and since I have the Premier the CSR gave it to me :) I guess we have to play CSR Roulette :)

Sounds like the same way Dish does.If you catch a rep in a rewarding mood they offer all kinds of goodies.Other reps say sorry about your luck.

I got a better deal I'm happy. I got 20 dollars off for 6 months. Free DVR for 6 months. The first 3 is 30 dollars off my bill. Doing alot better than last week. The woman was very nice her name was Kathy.

Chris

Sounds like the same way Dish does.If you catch a rep in a rewarding mood they offer all kinds of goodies.Other reps say sorry about your luck.

I bet that's the way it works with alot of companies :)

lol...jump all over them handouts. Bet most of you never even watched the channels you lost.
You got it. Besides money in my pocket, this accomplishes several things:

- I'm paying for a certain number of channels, and when I lose some of them, it's reasonable to be compensated for that loss whether I watch them or not
- It cuts into the company's profits, thus motivating them to resolve the issue as quickly as possible
- Handouts like free previews sometimes lead to more subscriptions
- It fosters customer loyalty and reduces churn

So the freebies have a lot of positive impact all around.

i received a $10 credit and 6 months of starz. didn't really have to say much. comedy central is one of the channels i watch most but at the end it's just TV. not gonna get worked up about it.

I already have the Premier package and all pay channels so there was not really anything new they could offer, but in the end I got $30/mo off of my bill and free Sunday Ticket with Redzone for 1 year, with me agreeing to a 1 year contract. I was out of contract. I am pleased with that.

lol...jump all over them handouts. Bet most of you never even watched the channels you lost.

I watch Comedy Central and TV Land regularly. I tune in Nickelodeon for Nick at Nite. And I do, time to time, take in some music-video programmign on VH1 Classic. But I am not into much of anything else because of my age compared to the content. (This is especially applicable to MTV.)

I have the Preferred Package... here's what they gave me.

$10 off/3 months for dispute.
$10 off/12 months with Preferred Choice Package.
Free 3 months of Starz.

I don't care for MTV, CMT, VH1, or TVLand, but I do watch South Park and VH1 Classic, and my kid really likes all the Nick channels.

I called D*, and the first CSR couldn't give any discounts besides $5 or $10 off for 3 months. I asked about ST, and she put me on hold. I waited a while, and hung up.

I then called back, and got an even more clueless CSR. She said there was nothing she could do because the first one gave me a credit. I told her I never approved the credit. She could get me ST for the low price of $150! I guess the free ST deal is long gone...

I called back and got retention, and they gave me $25 off a month for 3 months! Supposedly, I also get HD free for 2 years, no contract. I'll have to wait and see about that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.