DirecTV offers to customers who complain about dropped Viacom channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Called last night spoke directly to first rep in retention dept.
Got the standard 10/mo for 3 months (viacom deduct)
complained about my 17month old not getting Nick Jr or Spongebob specifically
Finished call with:
10 off per month for 24 months ( Advanced Receiver-HD - 24mosFreeHDAcc)
got ST max for 147.00 minus onetime credit of 50.00
5/mo off 3 months (viacom 2?)

pleasant phone call took 20 mins or so after a 3 min hold

Finished call with:

GREAT! and welcome to satguys. feel free to look around and participate.

Finished call with:

Congrats and :welcome to SatelliteGuys and great site here the best going :)

You know I might could see calling and demanding all these discounts if this was D* faults, but according to ya'll this was all Viacoms doing. So you are punishing D* for this? To me thats like calling and asking for a discount from my internet provider because Joes Crab Shack to his site down and now I have no way of seeing his deal of the day.

But everyone is paying DIRECTV for services they are no longer getting, and thats why they are calling for (and are entitled) to these credits.

Yes this is all Viacoms doing but the customer pays DIRECTV no Viacom.

But everyone is paying DIRECTV for services they are no longer getting, and thats why they are calling for (and are entitled) to these credits.

Yes this is all Viacoms doing but the customer pays DIRECTV no Viacom.
True.
besides the fact that directv is not obligated to do anything here. you punish someone by forcing them to do something against their will. i barely said anything about this to directv. i emailed asking questions about the loss of these channels and THEY offered a discount and 6 months of starz.

I called to ADD some channels. Didn't ask for anything. The CSR insisted on giving me $10/mo off for a year plus Starz for 3mos., Showtime for 6 mos. I repeated to her I wasn't asking for anything. She said it was because I'm a good customer. So I thanked her very much.

I only got $10 off for 3 months. I just signed up last month though so maybe that's why.

I only got $10 for 1 month.. I didn't push too hard.. in reality its probably fair.. ie. compensated for the % of channels I'm not getting. They also claimed they thought the channels would be back "soon", as if something had improved.. which is contrary to all of the new reports.

If they aren't back "soon".. I'll call back "soon" ;)

So I have a year left on my contract, any chance if I call and complain about the Viacom channels that I may get some sort of discount?

I got 5$ a month off for the next two months. Said the reason I didn't get more was cause I already get a hbo/starz discount.

I got the sports,Stars,Showtime,free. I got $5 off for 2 month and $5 off for three month. I got HBO and Cinemax for $14.40 -$11.01 how did they come with price?

Retentions wouldnt budge.

I have had Premier package with 2 HR 24's and 2 year contract just ended and overall have been a DTV customer for almost 20 years. I called retentions to see what discounts for viacom channels being lost. Retentions offered me 20.00 off for 3 months. Then asked about upgrading one of my 2 hr24's to a HR 34 and was quoted 199.00, then 399.00 then called back and different retentions rep. quoted my 549.00 for an HR 34. I told them I was prob. going to cancel and told them, i would call back. When I called back to retentions, another rep tried to convince me to stay but said T.L. on floor wouldn't budge on the $399.00 price for an HR 34. ( her words ). When I asked her why I had been offered different prices, she told me the other rep had quoted me the $549.00 price which was for 2 HR 34 boxes. ( which if I undertand correctly the system wount even allow someone to have 2 HR 34's on their acct.
She also kept telling me that the HR34 normally costs customers $549.00 and even tried to upsale me on a mainenance package to protect the leased equipment.
Bottom line, all in all, DTV kept feeding me more and more bull, and the more I talked to them the deper the bull got.
so I told her to cancel my service effective next week end and hopper here I come.
It's to bad DTV treats their long time customers this way , but in the end it's their loss, not mine.

Hello, Dish and hopper.

I got screwed over using Movers Connection last year and now they can't even add a measly one time $5 credit because of the way they had to get me the promised mover's connection promos.

Following up. I called in tonight to see what could be done. They gave me $18 off my bill for 3 months and the movie channels/sports pack free for 2. I thought all was fine until I logged in tonight and my Sunday Ticket/ST credit had been removed and it appears as though they are charging me on a monthly basis for it. So now tomorrow I have to call in and deal with this mess.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts