DirecTV OTA AM21 Gone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

l33txp

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2005
Is the OTA AM21 Antenna no longer available? I can't find it anywhere on the directv.com site.. if this will allow me to get my local NBC HD OTA I want to purchase since they keep denying my request to get a voucher...

What receiver do you have now? I think I read somewhere that the AM21 won't show up on the website unless you have an HR21 or higher.

Why not give DirecTV a call and ask?

i logged in and was able to see it. tried it a few more times and suddenly it disappeared from the list. try it a few times and if you still can't see it call them or just buy it on ebay or elsewhere.

i just figured it out. when you log in make sure to check the shopping cart. if in the past you selected the am21 just to look at it, it might still be sitting there in the cart causing it to be missing from the add kits and equipment section

I originally had the same problem shortly after it came out. I just called and ordered it. No problems, delivery in 2 days.

Does anyone know if the specs for the HR-21 are any better than the OTA tuner in the HR20-100 or HR20-700? I can hook up an antenna directly into my TV, and get an acceptable signal. When the antenna is hooked to either DirecTv DVR, the OTA signal is much less reliable with frequent multipath issues. Unfortunately, DirecTv does not currently offer SD or HD locals in my market, and it would be great to have DVR functionality to record network broadcasts.

i just figured it out. when you log in make sure to check the shopping cart. if in the past you selected the am21 just to look at it, it might still be sitting there in the cart causing it to be missing from the add kits and equipment section

Wow.. what a moment I had there.. it was in my shopping cart because I was going to purchase it a while back and for some reason didn't... wow.. Thanks!! lol :eek:

Does anyone know if the specs for the HR-21 are any better than the OTA tuner in the HR20-100 or HR20-700? I can hook up an antenna directly into my TV, and get an acceptable signal. When the antenna is hooked to either DirecTv DVR, the OTA signal is much less reliable with frequent multipath issues. Unfortunately, DirecTv does not currently offer SD or HD locals in my market, and it would be great to have DVR functionality to record network broadcasts.

I have a HR20-700 and HR21-700 + AM21. The AM21 tuner is better than the one in my HR20, but not as good as the tuner in the H20-600 I had previously, although the H20 had a problem with overheating.

You may have better results with a different antenna or by adding an amplifier.

I am wondering which antenna I should get to go with this tuner.. any suggestions??

Ok.. this may just be a lack of sleep but this is starting to get on my nerves.. I went to AntennaWeb and got this info ..

Red UHF
You need a Medium Directional Antenna.
These medium-size, multi-element antennas are the most popular rooftop antenna because of their modest size and ghost-reducing characteristics. These are best used if there are any ghost-producing reflective structures near your location.

Violet UHF
You need a Large Directional Antenna.
These large, multi-element rooftop antennas are used in weak signal areas for maximum possible TV reception. These antennas can be used in ANY LOCATION, but require an amplifier and roof mounting to receive blue and purple channels. Amplifiers are not recommended for yellow channels.

My zip code is 45750 and only get one local OTA Digital channel from WTAP.. I can't just get a simple antenna? I have one here that I hooked up to my AM21 .. it was able to receive information on the channel's 15.1 15.2 15.3 which I believe is all coming from the same location and the information but not matter what I do with this antenna I get no signal strength.. if I have to shell out more money on this I don't think I'm going to bother just to get NBC.. What the heck do I do here?

Also if this makes ANY sense .. have a look!!

Attachments

• Radar-Digital.png
    Radar-Digital.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 156
Ok.. this may just be a lack of sleep but this is starting to get on my nerves.. I went to AntennaWeb and got this info ..

Red UHF

Violet UHF

My zip code is 45750 and only get one local OTA Digital channel from WTAP.. I can't just get a simple antenna? I have one here that I hooked up to my AM21 .. it was able to receive information on the channel's 15.1 15.2 15.3 which I believe is all coming from the same location and the information but not matter what I do with this antenna I get no signal strength.. if I have to shell out more money on this I don't think I'm going to bother just to get NBC.. What the heck do I do here?

Simple, try a Zenith Silver Sensor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)