DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR on 2 TVs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

broadcasttheworld

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
I was wondering if it was possible to somehow use the Direct tv hd DVR on both an HDTV and SDTV like I do with the 822 I have with Dish. I am moving over to Direct Feb 1 when AT&T picks up the new partner.

If it is not possible via normal specs would it be possible to at least watch DVR shows on both TVs somehow?

It is not possible in the same manner as the Dish receiver(s). I know you can simply run cables from the receiver outputs to a second TV. However, you would have to watch the same programming on both TVs - it's not possible to watch different channels like you can with Dish.

I've never had a need to do it myself, but there are a number of posts regarding this subject over the last year or two.

It is not possible in the same manner as the Dish receiver(s). I know you can simply run cables from the receiver outputs to a second TV. However, you would have to watch the same programming on both TVs - it's not possible to watch different channels like you can with Dish.

I've never had a need to do it myself, but there are a number of posts regarding this subject over the last year or two.

My wife and I tape maybe 4 or 5 shows a week. with 3 kids we never know if we are going to be down at the big screen or on the first floor with the kids. so having the dvr available on both is a huge plus.

My wife and I tape maybe 4 or 5 shows a week. with 3 kids we never know if we are going to be down at the big screen or on the first floor with the kids. so having the dvr available on both is a huge plus.
You would be better served with two DVRs, IMHO. The only cost is upfront as you'll be paying the DVR fee with your other one. Of course you'll have the addtional rec'vr fee but NOT an additional DVR fee.:cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)