Directv Plus R15 NEW Upgrade...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stellar832000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
San Antonio
I just got off the phone with a Tier 2 Support person and he told me that the software upgrade for the R15 was due out later this evening...He said there was a whole list of things that were going to be fixed but the only two he named to me were the Series Link problems, and the slow response time of the receiver...(he said this evening, we all know how directv is with deadlines...maybe we'll get it by next week)

It would be nice if it happened but is it smart to put out a new release just before the weekend?

I think if anything it would come out during the wee hours of the morning...after all why would they put the upgrade out in the evening when most people have shows set to record.

jamielee said:
try to reset, once welcome screen comes on, hit 02468 on remote and see if new software loads.

Still at 108F, the wait begins...

Last edited:
I'm still at 108F. Sure wish they'd hurry up and fix the guide issues. I'll set a Series Link for a show, set it to record all new and repeats and it still wont record but a handfull of the shows. Or, just the opposite for a show like Xplay. I'll set it for first run only and it'll record every Xplay under the sun. Very, very poor. They should have gotten that right out of the box.

jamielee said:
try to reset, once welcome screen comes on, hit 02468 on remote and see if new software loads.
I tried that twice last night and both times it downloaded a software update for about 10mins, but on restart still 108f...maybe it has to dial in for auth.

I just noticed when I did this, on the upper right hand corner, it says ********/108F/*********. I think that it tells you what the latest software version it is downloading. Thought that this would help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)