DirecTV price increases coming in March

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Farve is right, that is what they did last year. Grandfathered packages will increase by the same as the comparable current package. For Total Choice (and plus) that would be $3.

I am not currently under contract anymore, but for those who are, will they're price go up? Or will they be locked into the price they contracted with, until the contract is up?

Look at Premier.

As discussed above, I think he only mentions the "most" a pack will go up so he can compare the one Dish pack going up by $10, when, in reality, both companies are going up $3 or so for most packs (with the most subscribers).
Ahhh. Misinterpreted. I thought he was using "most" to say most packages

Pay close attention to the dvr advantage, it is deceiving. It is getting hammered. Here is an example. 625 with 200 dvr advantage, before 2-1 =$49.99, after 2-1 =$57.99. Same pkg same equipment. My guess is there won't be as many dvr's being installed because of this.
*Directv may very well be able to beat dish in price more so than before, except for hd only packages.

Last edited:
Pay close attention to the dvr advantage, it is deceiving. It is getting hammered. Here is an example. 625 with 200 dvr advantage, before 2-1 =$49.99, after 2-1 =$57.99. Same pkg same equipment. My guess is there won't be as many dvr's being installed because of this.
*Directv may very well be able to beat dish in price more so than before, except for hd only packages.
Yeah right, that will be the death of the DVR!:p

Farve is right, that is what they did last year. Grandfathered packages will increase by the same as the comparable current package. For Total Choice (and plus) that would be $3.

Well, you KNOW what's happens sometimes when you ASSUME something - I'd really rather see those packages specifically mentioned, and last year, they DID put it in writing on those as well.

But that being said, I'll still be happy if TC+ ONLY goes up by the same amount as Choice+, because it'll still be $3 less than Choice+. ;) :)

Yea Enjoy your $110 Premier pack that doesn't include DVR service or half the premiums of E*.

I dont subscribe to premier, but I think DVR is part of the package, and its one fee for all DVR's, and no fees for no outlets for phone jacks

I dont subscribe to premier, but I think DVR is part of the package, and its one fee for all DVR's, and no fees for no outlets for phone jacks
Yea better read the fine Print! DVR service hasn't been in the Premier pack in over 2 years.
I'll pay $102.99 for the Everything pack with E* and that includes all 5 of my DVR's. Plus about 8 more Premiums channels. But atleast you still get 30 RSN's:rolleyes:

Looks Like the most D* is going up is 5 bucks. Unlike the 10 from Echostar

Actually Bob this is not accurate;)
This is the new prices on Dish starting Feb 1

Americas Top 100 at $ 39.99 is going to Classic Bronze 100 $ 44.99(+5)

Americas top 200 at $ 49.99 is going to Classic Silver 200 $ 57.99(+8)

Americas Top 250 at $ 59.99 is going to Classic Gold 250 $ 67.99(+8)

Everything Pack at $99.98 Keep the same name but up $ 3.00 = $ 102.98

For the Latino Package the only one who's going up is Dish latino plus from $ 37.99 to Latino plus Dvr $ 39.99(+2)

Yea better read the fine Print! DVR service hasn't been in the Premier pack in over 2 years.
I'll pay $102.99 for the Everything pack with E* and that includes all 5 of my DVR's. Plus about 8 more Premiums channels. But atleast you still get 30 RSN's:rolleyes:

And those pesky Fox and Viacom channels that E* doesn't have vs. premium channels that repeat moveis over and over.

Its really sad that I have an old grandfathered package with add ons for DVR fee, hd fee and 2HD DVrs and one legacy reciever and cannot find a new package that comes out cheaper than carrying the old one with add ons. Makes no sense. Also makes no sense that there isnt a Premier/HD/DVR package. Stupid really. Even more absurd is that I have to call in to do any changes or lose my old package.

Yea Enjoy your $110 Premier pack that doesn't include DVR service or half the premiums of E*.

You mean like your RSN's and 30 PPV.. Yea Like Viacom networks don't repeat. :rolleyes:

I know you're angry with D my friend. do you want me to be angry with them too? :)

Not as much as movie channels do.
Really ?? Rsn's don't ? So your saying for $110 per month you get less repeats the E*. Very Doubtful! See D* customers always say there is nothing but repeats on all the premiums,
But they forget that D* Really only has
2 Cinemax channels,
4 HBO's,
4 Showtime channels,
1 TMC.
Because the rest are west feeds. So Yea your right Most of D* premiums repeat the same programs every 3 hours. and Yet D* charges the most for the premiums then anyone!
Lets see E* has
4 Cinemax
6 HBO's
8 Showtimes
and 2 TMC
Thats Just the East feeds.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)