DirecTV price increases coming in March

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
A resounding NO! The annual price increases began around the same time that Rupert Murdoch assumed control of DirecTV...and even though he may be gone now, the tradition is continuing.

DirecTV did a great job holding the line on prices during the early years of my subscription. My programming package even decreased in price by at least a dollar one year, after a restructuring of their packages.

Personally, I'm fed up with annual increases. Where does it end?

OK, I don;t remember when Ruppert took over, I'll guess the increases started around '01, but don't know for sure.

As for the increases .... what were you thinking, they would put up all those high dollar sats so we can all have HD and NOT pay any more ?

This is a business, if they are not making money, they will not be in business long.

I know that ever year they will increase prices some.. incase you haven't noticed, prices on most everything goes up.

Gas prices were 49cents when I started driving.
Coffee use to cost much less than it does now ....

If your going to give up your TV because you are required to pay $3 more a month, try giving up one of your StarBucks coffee latte once a month and you'll cover it nicely .... .10 a day, per month.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like price increases either, but it's a fact of life that it HAPPENS.

Yes Dish's DVR fees are per receiver. These fees really erase any price advantage Dish has. They need a one DVR fee that covers all the DVR's on you account.

Agreed !

I would like to see the Protection plan be automatic, not cost.
I would like to see no fee for addl. rec's as well ... if they want to put a cap on the number of rec's thats fine.
I'd like to see no more HD fee as well.

Hmmmm, I am not leaving because these are not done, yes it would be nice, but not expecting anything soon.

Sorry Scott, this was not pointed at you, just a few thoughts to save some money.

Jimbo

Yes Dish's DVR fees are per receiver. These fees really erase any price advantage Dish has. They need a one DVR fee that covers all the DVR's on you account.

I agree, but think they could still tier it. Say $5 for the first DVR, $9 or $10 for 2 or more. I have one DVR, and don't want my fee to go up because some of you want 3+ DVRs.

Agreed !

I would like to see the Protection plan be automatic, not cost.
I don't see why the customers need to pay for protection plans, after all... all the equipment is THEIRS. If it breaks or dies it should be up to them to repair or replace it.

You don't see cable companies trying to get you to pay for protection plans. When one of their cable converters dies, they come out and replace it as they should as its theirs. :)

Directv has gone up in March every year since the beginning from what I recall ...
Did you think the price would stay the same all along ?

You should know that this price increase happens every year at this time by now, it part of running a business.

Jimbo

Yeah, but just like the dousch bags on Wall St. with their big bonuses, D* should really reconsider the increase in this economy. I'm sure they're making plenty of money at the current rates.

GO CARDS!

Why do all lower tier packages go up by 3$ and premier go up a whopping $5

Possibly to make up for the 2007 pricing adjustment--the lower priced packages went up, while Direct's most expensive package stayed the same.

HOLY CRAP BATMAN!

PBS National Feed $2.50 and doesn't even include the HD version. Now that is a ripoff!

Why do all lower tier packages go up by 3$ and premier go up a whopping $5

It was the same increase last year.;)

Why? let's see....I believe all this started with the need to go to new technology...HD
then you have the cost of new satellites and launching them,then new receivers ect. ect'.;)
then you have the programmer's yearly increase.;)

then the cost of doing business while trying to make a profit.;)

Not really, because the retailers are going to push the DVR's the same as they did last year.

There are a few who will opt to save a few dollars by not getting a DVR, but look at the take rate on Top100 DVR advantage, its still very high.

As far as the price increase with Directv, I fully expected it to happen and even with Dish Networks $8 Price increase on some package, Dish network is still cheaper when you figure in multi-room receivers because your not paying $5 for the 2nd or 4th room.

The no phone line fee is now waived on the first DVR receiver

My statement was meant to be sarcastic.

I don't see why the customers need to pay for protection plans, after all... all the equipment is THEIRS. If it breaks or dies it should be up to them to repair or replace it.

You don't see cable companies trying to get you to pay for protection plans. When one of their cable converters dies, they come out and replace it as they should as its theirs. :)
A resounding :up:up:up:up:up:up A freaking men!!!!!!!!!! Which is exaclty why I have no problem calling in and securing the protection plan as soon as something breaks, living with it for awhile and then reporting it to be fixed under the plan. Since D* is practicing an unfair, anti consumer policy then I have no problem "cheating" them on it. It is their property that I pay rent on to recieve their service that I pay monthly for. If it breaks its not my problem.

Only because the 135 has a governor set at 143 mph...which is easy to find someone who will remove it which will allow the car to get to around 175-180 mph.

Apparently the SRT 8's top speed is "only" 168. So who is faster on top speed? 168 < 175
And when your alternator goes ,or fuel pump,Clutch. Those cost of repairs are in the Thousands. BMW are nice . But your compairing, Plum to an apple. If you want to compair BMW's to a Charger or Challenger. Try M3 for the challenger,and a 5 series for the Charger. They are the same weight class ,and car class.
BMW 135 is in the WRX pocket rocket class.

A resounding NO! The annual price increases began around the same time that Rupert Murdoch assumed control of DirecTV...and even though he may be gone now, the tradition is continuing.

DirecTV did a great job holding the line on prices during the early years of my subscription. My programming package even decreased in price by at least a dollar one year, after a restructuring of their packages.

Personally, I'm fed up with annual increases. Where does it end?

I don't think it going to go away anytime soon. Almost all pay per month companies are raising there rates. For example Dish, Time warner, XMSirius & other companies.

Actually, the SRT has hit 177 or so in europe in a car mag. motor tren or car and driver. I will have to find it, as soon as I do, I will post the link. That is STOCK. We are not talking about what you can do aftermarket, or at least I did not think we were..

Edit: it was motor trend november 08. and it was 173. Stock. Do you have anything to prove the 135 will do 175-180?
I've only had My Charger up to 155 mph on the track at Pocono . It would of went faster. But I got scared because I just did all my Tranny upgrades and I didn't want to Break it right off the bat.:)
According to Car and Driver My Charger STOCK runs 0-60 4.8 and goes 173 MPH.

So bring on that Yuppy Bemmer

I've only had My Charger up to 155 mph on the track at Pocono . It would of went faster. But I got scared because I just did all my Tranny upgrades and I didn't want to Break it right off the bat.:)
I do not blame you.

I was looking at dealer inventories around here. There are 2 SRT8 models at one in gulfport. The 08 model was around $42,000. The 09 was around $45,000. Not bad. The 09 was the red that I do not think they had last year, very sharp!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)