Directv Q3 2013 earnings,adds 139,000 Subs

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not so long ago, analysts looked to DirecTV’s Latin American operations for encouraging signs about the company’s future while the U.S. business started to stall. But most of the upbeat surprises in Q3 were in the U.S. as DirecTV benefited from Time Warner Cable’s battle with CBS — and comparisons with last year when the No. 1 satellite company suffered from its own fight with Viacom.

deadline.com

Well ARPU is up over $100 now. When will it ever end, now the average customers spends $100/mo on TV...

I suspect other entertainment expenditure is suffering because of this, especially cinemas. Would be curious to see the data over the same period for movie theater attendance. I think with the tight economy people are choosing to stay home more & enjoy these fabulous home entertainment systems we've invested in. I know I've been to my local cinema & while taking in a flick pondered how much better it would look on my big screen plasma.

Thats me. I mean its not budget based as much, but I spent a lot of money on nice gear, I stay home for movies on blu-ray and sports on Directv as well as recording over 30 tv shows a week on average. $100 on Directv and $30 on Netfli:mad:mailers and streaming) a month is money well spent.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)