Directv Quailty Control Visit

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Of course you would and if they didnt answer the door after you knocked ?
I had to do what I was there to do.
95% of property owners who did question my presence( rare) would understand once I explained my presence and showed my ID badge.
The other 5%, were for the most part being jerks. I would leave or cross the adjacent property to get to the pedestal.
One guy got real pissed off at me for doing just that. He threatened to call the police. I told him to go on and do that.
By the time they got there I was loading up to leave. The PO asked me for my ID. SHowed it to him and he told me to leave. Man that other guy was all kinds of pissed off. Ef him.

All worked up over a QC job, but I would call first to let them know, as not everybody knows why there's someone on their yard unannounced,

Unless you had past history with someone or too many people walk the yard with no permission,

Then it shouldn't be a problem if they knock on the door or call you

While I understand your concerns ....
I HATE it when people have to let thier dogs out, just to see whats going on in the neighborhood.

In this case, yes he should have knocked on the door.

Today I knocked on the door and waited a good 3-5 minutes then proceeded to the back yard, to find out that the sub was at the door later when I came back around ... how LONG am I suppose to wait ?

If I had to knock and wait at everybody door before going into thier back yard, I would NEVER get any work done.

I may be in your yard for a minute or two or ALL DAY depending on where my trouble is located.

It is common for me to be in someones yard and have the neighbor from the other street let thier dogs out, just see whats going on, it gives them a reason to be nosy.

Keep in mind I have Right of Way in everybody's yard.

Another thing that pisses me off is when people build thier garages in the ROW., making it impossible to get a ladder up safely.

In my state that is a quick way to get charged with trespassing or it can get you shot, we have very strong castle doctrine laws.

Also the utility people only have access to the right of way or easements that is all. I have extended my fence line all the way up to the right of way and had my power meter relocated out to the right of way. I have no trespassing. no solicitation signs up and my property is under electronic surveillance if I ever catch a utility worker/salesperson inside my fence line guess what their company is getting a call for me and they will be charged with trespassing because I was not notified. This is stated clearly on the sign at the end of my decently long driveway.

When I drop your DOG because he's coming at me when I am doing my job, I'm sorry.

I hope your dog is OK, eventually.

If I knock and you don't answer in a minute or two, I'm gonna presume your not home and go about my work.
I am not given time at account for waiting 10-15 minutes for someone to come to the door when I need to get in your yard.

In my state Jimbo if you harmed my animals or damaged my property(a pet is considered my property) with out having permission for the land owner(me) or resident to be there that is all the justification I need to put some bullets in your arse.

Okay, there doesn't seem to be anything more constructive to say here, so I'm closing this thread.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)