DirecTv R-15 DVR Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigredbus

Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
Hello guys and gals. I'm from Syracuse, NY and a DirecTv subscriber using the R-15 DVR Plus. I enjoy DirecTv very much, especially the ability to record programs and events and watch them later. I have been having one slight problem; occasionally the R-15 begins recording after the program has begun to air, sometimes 5 full minutes! Advanced tech support has run me through the process of wiping clean the hard drive and resetting it. This worked for a while but the problem has returned. Heres my question. Can I purchase an aftermarket standalone DVR with a sizable hard drive which is compatible with DirecTv's service, and VERY IMPORTANT ....would this unit be able to import DirecTv's program guide which would allow me to set multiple timer recorder sessions? I hope this isnt a dumb question!! Thanks.

The program starting early is not D* problem, or caused by them, it is the networks that change the start time by 1 to 5 minutes just to make us unhappy with the DVR features and make us loose the first few minutes of a show so we don,t record it but watch it and all the dumb comericals live.

Right, I'm just asking if that is what is happening, by chance. If it is the problem, then the user can set the record options to cover for it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)