DirecTV Receiver constantly shorting out

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hermn8r

Original poster
Oct 14, 2006
Hey guys! New to the forum, but needed to join because this problem I'm having is driving me NUTS!!:mad:

I'll be watching the satellite feed when suddenly the picture will go blank. A minute or two later, the receiver shuts itself off, and then back on again. During the blank screen, I am not able to do anything (change channels, get the guide/menu, turn on/off the receiver, etc.).

When the receiver restarts itself, the process is similar to if I had unplugged it. The resolution lights cycle, and the TV screen indicates that my receiver is starting up. I have to go through the whole "guide acquisition" thing, and once that is complete, I can watch my DirecTV as normal. That is, until it does this again! This all started 9 months after self-install. At first it was rare, but lately has been getting more and more frequent. Has anybody else experienced this? I have the H20, with a HD off-air antenna attached. Thanks for any help!! Happy to be here! :hatsoff:

600 indeed. Piece of crap! :mad: Just called DirecTV and will be getting a replacement without any questions. Clearly they've been having big problems with this. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Hermn8r said:
600 indeed. Piece of crap! :mad: Just called DirecTV and will be getting a replacement without any questions. Clearly they've been having big problems with this. Thanks for the help!
:welcome

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)