DirecTV receiver not responding to new remote

BlueGiant

Original poster
Nov 19, 2020
Vicksburg, MS
I have an RC64R remote that I use with my HR24-500 DirecTV receiver. The power button on the remote is starting to fail so I purchased an RC66RX remote as a replacement. The problem is I can't get the receiver and the new remote to communicate. I can get the remote to turn the TV on/off but I can't get it to turn on the receiver. Any suggestions on how I can get the receiver to recognize the new remote? Thanks.

I have an RC64R remote that I use with my HR24-500 DirecTV receiver. The power button on the remote is starting to fail so I purchased an RC66RX remote as a replacement. The problem is I can't get the receiver and the new remote to communicate. I can get the remote to turn the TV on/off but I can't get it to turn on the receiver. Any suggestions on how I can get the receiver to recognize the new remote? Thanks.
Try this :
Why won't my directv remote work with my receiver?
If you can't control the receiver at all, the manual method is the same as the other style of remote: On the remote, Press and hold MUTE and SELECT at the same time until the light flashes three times. Then press Press 9 8 1 and SELECT. The remote will flash four times and should now be reset.

Reactions: Justy5
If you used your old remote in RF mode you would need to program the new one for that, the IR signal is not usable if the receiver is in RF mode on the HR24. First, press the dash button and write down the six digit receiver code. Hold Mute/Select till lights blink, press 9 6 1 channel-up, then enter the six digit code and press select. That should program for RF mode.

If you used your old remote in RF mode you would need to program the new one for that, the IR signal is not usable if the receiver is in RF mode on the HR24. First, press the dash button and write down the six digit receiver code. Hold Mute/Select till lights blink, press 9 6 1 channel-up, then enter the six digit code and press select. That should program for RF mode.
Why can't this kind of info be in a Sticky ?
Hidden Features and codes ...

We have a bunch of helpful info (such as this) that should be easily accessible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)