Directv RSN's HD News Dates Info

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Any special deals to get an MPEG4 receiver and 5 LNB dish? I live in Albany, NY which gets NY RSN's, but does not yet have HD locals scheduled for MPEG4.

bonscott87 said:
That isn't going away. It's the special events channel and on MPEG2. Come hockey season there will be NHL games there and NBA games as well. It's been there for a couple years and will continue.
Cool. It used to be maybe 1 yankees game a week and now it's every home game....

so getting a 5lnb dish right now does me no good except for SNY? I could care less about MSG .

ScoBuck said:
What I find interesting about all of this is how they are providing FSN Florida to more than one Florida DMA, and it says Comcast Chicago will also be available to Indie - yet they are NOT providing most Connecticut residents with either YES or NESN. Obviously they just have to throw it up for them on the Hartford beam - in Florida they are throwing the signal up on 3 spot beams.

I read in some of these threads that DirecTv is claiming they have no more 'room' on the Hartford beam, but that really makes no sense either. Gotta be some other thing going on there.

FSN and Sunshine carry games for all the South Florida teams, based out of Tampa, Orlando and Miami. That's why, in Florida, they are on 3 spot beams.

aec4 said:
It's august, and I still get YES Network games in HD on channel 95 (with mpeg 2, but I have an H20 and a 3 lnb dish)...

I also receive YesHD with a 3 LNB dish, How much longer will this last? Anyone heard anything yet?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)