DirecTV Rumors

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hell Raiser said:
Well check out the new designed website for D concerning HD,

Sure NBC but only for the Olympics on Channel 84.

Plus if you look they say sure ABC,NBC, FOX OTA only for those HD Channels.

Still sounds like BS to me.

Not to be rude but Scott sure you can FART but do you have the SH@# to back it up?
um if u read more closely it say for digital retransmission of nbc o&o stations ,and for olympic coverage so nbc looks liks its gonna be carried like cbs o&o is already and fox hd comming fall .plus the new website dosent even mention bravo hd though we know it comming for a fact . d* probley hasnt put it on there hd package yet cause its not on yet

beast37799 said:
nbc looks liks its gonna be carried like cbs o&o is already and fox hd coming fall. Plus the new website dosent even mention Bravo hd though we know it's comming for a fact. d* probley hasnt put it on there hd package yet cause its not on yet

Fox HD coming this fall, anymore info on this? I would love to see the next season of 24 in HD. That would also be very cool if NBC stays on DTV like CBS-HD is.

To go on this topic of TNT-HD and Bravo-HD being added along with two more channels. Anyone think they might be Cinemax and Stars since DTV will get a bigger premium for those. NFL network HD would be cool. Heck I'll take anything at this point.

1 more question, Does HDNET Movies show anything in HD? The channel never shows the HD flag that the others do when something is shown in HD.

Starz HD would make sense and might draw alot of people to that pack. It hasnt been mentioned but Starz does have good movies on...in my opinion its a better ch than ShoetimeHD. I like the format that Showtime uses when they show an HD movie..more often then not they dont crop like HBO always seems to. But there really isnt much on Shoetime that I find myself watching. Im a sub to VOOM also...I havent watched BravoHD for more than 2 mins at a time. The olympics is coming so they should have some good stuff on but usually its pretty boring programming. Just an opinion.

Neutron said:
I would still love to see Directv carry INHD 1 and 2.

I never heard of INHD. Looking it up on the web INHD it seems like a cool channel(s). Seems kinda like HDNet looking at some of the programing. I noticed right on the front page though it says only on cable. Has INHD been trying to get onto a satellite provider? Anyhow if they were able to get at least one INHD channel that would be cool.

Thanks Scott.

Having good info even Rumor info like this for Direct TV is important to get all those Direct TV people away from the other boards and over here to the No#1 largest DBS board.

Keep up the good research , even it is just Rumors for now, we love it.

We can decide for our selfs how to take the rumor info. We can handle it here.

Well, I think you can count out EITHER provider ever getting INHD - it is run BY Time Warner & Comcast cable. I HIGHLY doubt they are willing to let go of their "exclusive" prog like this. (hint hint: probably the VERY reason why they boast "only on cable" in their advertising ;) ;) )

Did anyone take a look at the Videos? :)

I am looking for feedback...

I am wondering when this new Mosaic software is released if we will see people screaming for more Interactive content, like they do now for HD.

One of D* marketing guys called me last night. He tried to sell me some more movie packs.

I said I'll sign up for Cinemax if you can get me Cinemax HD. He said "Well Sir we dont have that channel now but we'll have it in October. Can I call you at that time?" I said hell yeah!

I asked him if he knew about any other movie channel coming in HD. He said Starz HD hopefully before year end.

zubinh said:
One of D* marketing guys called me last night. He tried to sell me some more movie packs.

I said I'll sign up for Cinemax if you can get me Cinemax HD. He said "Well Sir we dont have that channel now but we'll have it in October. Can I call you at that time?" I said hell yeah!

I asked him if he knew about any other movie channel coming in HD. He said Starz HD hopefully before year end.

Maybe these are the other two mystery channels then afterall.

That would be nice! As I have posted all it would take to get my sub-level back to TC Premiere is the premium channels in HD ... Starz being the big one for me! They do have the best movies! Until I get HD I had to scale D* back to 47/mo revenue from me :yes

dishrich said:
Well, I think you can count out EITHER provider ever getting INHD - it is run BY Time Warner & Comcast cable. I HIGHLY doubt they are willing to let go of their "exclusive" prog like this. (hint hint: probably the VERY reason why they boast "only on cable" in their advertising ;) ;) )
The feed is carried via satellite, therefore legally they HAVE to make it available to other providers at a reasonable cost, just like they do to cable companies. They say only available on cable because that's true. Doesn't mean that won't change.

all I want is TNT-HD and they can't even cough that up after 10 years of service. Voom less than a year and they have it..........wazup wit dat

I looked at the interative videos, and I think it's very cool. I would definately like to have them.

rkr0923 said:
all I want is TNT-HD and they can't even cough that up after 10 years of service. Voom less than a year and they have it..........wazup wit dat

This channel should be added to the lineup in September, along with Bravo-HD.

All I want is InHD 1 and 2. If they do that then they will have one up on the local cable company here.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Did anyone take a look at the Videos? :)

I am looking for feedback...

I am wondering when this new Mosaic software is released if we will see people screaming for more Interactive content, like they do now for HD.
Just watched a half of them .. the Olympics and the SKY were the most impressive. I would not mind having interactive TV like that. Wink as a complete friggin waste but picking your own camera, etc ... that is pretty nifty! For sports, which I was hockey (DUH) and the NFL .. the stats are sweet. I would like to see Mosaic and find out if it is worth a crap.

Thanks for the previews!

BUT ... HD additions are still MY top priority.

slacker9876 said:
BUT ... HD additions are still MY top priority.

Locals, WB! (analog and digital) and ABC HD are my top priority. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to have some more HD, I'm just not sure what HD channels could be so interesting to me now.

Bravo HD: OK, we know this is coming, and after hearing about how BravoHD might get some new shows soon, I might actually be glad to have this channel.
TNTHD OK, if this channel actually had most of its programming in HD, I WOULD LOVE to have this channel. However, since it's not, I wouldn't mind having it for when they do, but not that interested in the meantime.
WEALTH OK, I don't even know what airs on this channel.
INHD1 & INHD2 OK, might be a few things on here I might want to watch occasionally, still can't say that much of it interests me.
NFLHD OK, I wouldn't mind having access to this channel as I didn't have HD when they would air "Game Of The Week In HD", and now that The NFL Network has it's own HD channel, I'm not sure if they will air "Game Of The Week In HD" on the "Special Events" channel anymore.
CinemaxHD I don't have HBO, but if I did, and I intend to later, I'd rather just wait and see it on HBO. More unique and "compelling" HD programming is my motto! ;)
TMCHD OK, I'm not even sure I watched the analog version when I had Total Choice Premiere last year, I can't really see watching this that much. Besides, don't these movies repeat on Showtime?!
StarzHD OK, though I don't currently subscribe to Starz, this would make me think about it in the future. Have they started airing more HD yet?!
EncoreHD I'd rather have StarzHD before EncoreHD, and I'd rather they add something else before they add EncoreHD.

I honestly can't say that I'm extremely excited about any of these choices. Just doesn't sound that "compelling" to me!! ;)

~Alan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)