Directv signal/footprint

Status
Please reply by conversation.

keithb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm in the northern state of Alberta, 53 degrees N. Can someone point me to a footprint map of *D as I'm interested to know what size dish would be required. I'm only interested in using a round dish to get the main sat at 101. Thanks, Keith

Edmonton...oh boy thats tough

Since DIrecTV doesnt list their footprint...cupled with the fact they tightened it recently probably means no dish will pick it up that far north

since he has to go grey market, they say that

Heck, for my StarChoice system that I have in Minnesota I usually say "The Southern Part of NW Ontario" :)

or The Province of Minnesota

I think he was just translating in advance for those of us south of the boarder that may not have already know that.

charper, do you have the directv full conus 101 map? i had it , i cant find it. if you have it post it for keithb.

No had a very old one, but discarded it after all the new tightening really made it unreliable. And I never really remembered when I got it from or I would look for it. I have always speculated that the tightening was to stop mass overlap into Canada and Mexico; maybe they will try to offer DirecTV services that are Canadian and Mexican specific one day soon, and thus do not want any self competition..

Thank you guys for your responses. Given that map, I may have to run a field test. I know in Calgary which is approx 200 miles south they can by with an 18" but something drastic happens coming up highway 2. Will post results when I get around to it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)