DIRECTV Simplified HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Interesting TWC here just sent out a new channel line up where they do not have different channel numbers for SD vs HD, they simply say "All Channels shown in HD where available". I wonder if DIRECTV was responding to the move of cable companies.

Also, if they wanted to launch the thing now they could, but there are contracts in place and an order that has to be attended to first, but all that aside, if they called for D14 today. They could launch it within a week if all the ducks were lined up. The process of launching a bird is down to a science now. Not that it wasn't before.
What DIRECTV 14 is or isn't ready to do doesn't much matter given the most recent public information about future Ariane 5 launches. The people that track such things now place DIRECTV 14 on a schedule for the first half of 2015 (assuming a companion bird is located by then).

What DIRECTV 14 is or isn't ready to do doesn't much matter given the most recent public information about future Ariane 5 launches. The people that track such things now place DIRECTV 14 on a schedule for the first half of 2015 (assuming a companion bird is located by then).

It was a hypothetical. As far as I am aware it's still scheduled for December but it's a very real possibility that could have changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not only does it appear to have changed, but speculation based on their recently revised February in-service date seems to be at risk as well.

Until a companion is identified, it would seem that nothing is particularly certain.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts