DirecTV slips in Customer Sat to 4th

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think the biggest thing that hurt DirecTV was contracts. Many people were not told about the two year contract and others were put on contracts for replacement of defective leased receivers when they should not be.

When I first got DirecTV I did not sign anything, nor was I told about the contract at time of install. Recently, when I upgraded to DECA and replaced some receivers, the CSR made the two year contract extremely clear. In fact, I joked about it with her and told her I was glad they were going out of their way to make sure the customer knew.

99% of the calls I have had with DirecTV are positive. The CSR's are polite and professional. In contrast, when I was with Dish, every call was painful. I got so frustrated with the CSR when I tried to upgrade to HD eight years ago, I left for DirecTV and have never been happier.....

These surveys are a crap shoot. Here is JD Power and Associates most recent for TV. In every one, DirecTV beats Dish.....although several others beat both of them:

http://www.jdpower.com/Telecom/ratings/television-service-ratings

My .02

Never mind I found it in my stack my list looks slight different from his but it is the acsi scores. mine just have more detail on them.

Like everything we strive to try and be the best doesnt mean we always make it but we try real hard to make it higheron the list next time.

Well from what I know now its going to take 10-14 days to receive my $87.99 credit.

This Credit was supposed to arrive on my bill May 12th, By the time I got through to someone who knew what they were talking about, another 7 days went by, So last months Bill was over $150 and I would imagine next months will be the same.
So why is it that a Credit due on May 12th would Not apply?
And Why would I trust that they claim June 12th will have it posted?
It didn't post last time.
come on stone....... get it done for my bud hemi here.and while your at it,throw in a free HR24 :yes

I think the biggest thing that hurt DirecTV was contracts. Many people were not told about the two year contract and others were put on contracts for replacement of defective leased receivers when they should not be.

When I first got DirecTV I did not sign anything, nor was I told about the contract at time of install. Recently, when I upgraded to DECA and replaced some receivers, the CSR made the two year contract extremely clear. In fact, I joked about it with her and told her I was glad they were going out of their way to make sure the customer knew.

99% of the calls I have had with DirecTV are positive. The CSR's are polite and professional. In contrast, when I was with Dish, every call was painful. I got so frustrated with the CSR when I tried to upgrade to HD eight years ago, I left for DirecTV and have never been happier.....

These surveys are a crap shoot. Here is JD Power and Associates most recent for TV. In every one, DirecTV beats Dish.....although several others beat both of them:

Ratings | J.D. Power

My .02

I've only been with DTV as a provider so I don't know about Dish but I've had the same experiences since '99 with DTV. Maybe it's just my good CSR roulette luck but I've always talked to a CSR that speaks very good English and has not had problems communicating with me.

come on stone....... get it done for my bud hemi here.and while your at it,throw in a free HR24 :yes

I dont even know where to start with hemi . I have to see accounts to say why something is not applying there is 1000+ reasons why something is not going through some times it just system related. Other times it human error.

Either hemi is going to have to call me and we sit down with his account and figure out what goine on or something but I cant coment on any siutation wiht out looking at the account first.

The BBB don't mean nothing. The rating is only concerns the number of complaints that the company resolved in the customers favor, reguardless if the customer was right or wrong.

Thats not exactly the metric being used. Each BBB case is evaluated by the case handler on more than a dozen characteristics. If they feel the customer was right but the company didnt act in good faith and try to resolve the issue, they give a low grade.

In fact, if anything the BBB probably leans in the direction of the company, since the company often pays the BBB for membership while the customer pays nothing. However, directv, dish and comcast are not BBB members. Probably because they would have to agree to a certain set of terms and conditions.

All that having been said, Dish and Comcast get much better BBB grades. So by the metric you mentioned, they do a better job of making the customer happy than directv does. If you read the BBB reports for Directv, they believe that in about half the cases the customer is right but directv refuses to accommodate the customer.

The specific metrics the BBB uses are:

BBB experience with the industry in which the business operates
The business' length of time in operation
Whether BBB has information that the business does not have required competency license(s)
Any known government actions against the business that are related to marketplace activities
Any advertising issues found by BBB
The number of complaints processed by BBB from the business’ customers
The number of complaints processed by BBB from the business’ customers that are of a serious nature
Whether the business has responded to complaints received by BBB
Whether complaints have been resolved in a timely manner or the business has demonstrated it made a good faith effort to resolve them
Business’ overall complaint history with BBB
Whether the business has honored any commitments to BBB to arbitrate or mediate disputes and comply with arbitrator decisions or mediated settlements
Whether BBB has sufficient background information and clear understanding of business
Whether the business is a BBB Accredited Business
Whether BBB Accreditation was revoked because the business failed to comply with agreed BBB standards

BBB assigns grades from A to F with pluses and minuses. A+ is the highest grade and F is the lowest. The grade represents BBB’s degree of confidence that the business is operating in a trustworthy manner and will make a good faith effort to resolve any customer concerns.

Who's numbers are these there are a number of rating agencies, it the only reason I ask.
The numbers are the ACSI numbers that DIRECTV has perennially touted.

Shame on the OP for not giving reference information (survey organization and the source of the image).

These are the same numbers that DISH is advertising that they are rated number one among Cable and Satellite Companies...

Notice they don't mention that FIOS and AT&T are above them those are IPTV providers so they don't mention them. (Magic how that works huh?)

Verizon isn't IPTV. If I was Verizon I would probably seek to have those commercials removed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts