DirecTV & Starz

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bryan_j_t

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 27, 2008
MA
I feel as though every time I contact Directv about anything on my account especially changes to programing, they are very quick to offer me 3 months free of Starz, most of the time without even asking for anything..

Does DirecTv get that good of pricing from Starz that its not a big deal for them to give it out.. or do they own part of it or something??

Normally I wouldn't think twice about this, but this is the third time they have given it to me, and this time I know I didn't ask for it... ( I was calling to cancel Showtime and ask about Verses.. )

Its also like the HD Extra Pack.. you always see them giving it away free for 3 months on their website! If they are always doing that then why not add those few HD channels ESPECIALLY Palladia to the programming!

I think it's just a promotional deal they have with Starz. After all, it doesn't cost them anything if DirecTV gives somebody 3 free months and there always a chance that some of the people who got it will like what they see and subscribe. As I recall at one time they were giving HBO and then they gave Showtime.

I know it's been a long time for HBO, I'm about to hit 11 years with DirecTV and they were giving it back then.

Yeah that is a new customer offer from last year . We use to have free hbo for a couple of months to hand out to customer when they were upset about something . That now changed to showtime. But it use to be HBO.

Good to know.. Hey I appreciate anything that they are willing to give me.. especially a movie channel for the winter months when I will watch it the most...

Againg i point to my roginal posting on offers and credits the computer decies if there an offer for you it not a given. that any movie channel is avaialbl when you call.

2for1

They usually offer me 2for1 on the movie channels. I didn't really pay attention for how many months but I am guessing 3 months. And I forget which channels. Whenever you call to cancel they always offer something. I just canceled Sportspack and they offered $5 off for 6 months. I declined as I have too many channels now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)