DirecTV & Starz

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bryan_j_t

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 27, 2008
MA
I feel as though every time I contact Directv about anything on my account especially changes to programing, they are very quick to offer me 3 months free of Starz, most of the time without even asking for anything..

Does DirecTv get that good of pricing from Starz that its not a big deal for them to give it out.. or do they own part of it or something??

Normally I wouldn't think twice about this, but this is the third time they have given it to me, and this time I know I didn't ask for it... ( I was calling to cancel Showtime and ask about Verses.. )

Its also like the HD Extra Pack.. you always see them giving it away free for 3 months on their website! If they are always doing that then why not add those few HD channels ESPECIALLY Palladia to the programming!

I think it's just a promotional deal they have with Starz. After all, it doesn't cost them anything if DirecTV gives somebody 3 free months and there always a chance that some of the people who got it will like what they see and subscribe. As I recall at one time they were giving HBO and then they gave Showtime.

I know it's been a long time for HBO, I'm about to hit 11 years with DirecTV and they were giving it back then.

Yeah that is a new customer offer from last year . We use to have free hbo for a couple of months to hand out to customer when they were upset about something . That now changed to showtime. But it use to be HBO.

Good to know.. Hey I appreciate anything that they are willing to give me.. especially a movie channel for the winter months when I will watch it the most...

Againg i point to my roginal posting on offers and credits the computer decies if there an offer for you it not a given. that any movie channel is avaialbl when you call.

2for1

They usually offer me 2for1 on the movie channels. I didn't really pay attention for how many months but I am guessing 3 months. And I forget which channels. Whenever you call to cancel they always offer something. I just canceled Sportspack and they offered $5 off for 6 months. I declined as I have too many channels now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts