Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Rumor Alert ...

SatelliteGuys is hearing that DIRECTV will offer you local stations with their DIRECTV Streaming App. We understand they have started limited testing of local streaming in the Austin, TX and Fresno, CA markets.

As soon we we know more, we will let you know more.

Thanks for making SatelliteGuys your DIRECTV information Source. :)

Wonder if it will be limited to maybe the Big Four local outlets or something. As we have 26 locals total carried by DIRECTV in the LA market (Although one, KPXN-30, is really a remap of the IONw national feed on ch. 306). And 19 of those have HD versions.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

I'm sure this will depend on agreements with the affiliates in each market as well, just like the NBC & ABC apps do now.

Wonder if it will be limited to maybe the Big Four local outlets or something. As we have 26 locals total carried by DIRECTV in the LA market (Although one, KPXN-30, is really a remap of the IONw national feed on ch. 306). And 19 of those have HD versions.

Those 26 locals, is that with an AM21 or via sat? In my Chicago market, we have only about 10 coming down from sat and I can receive over 70 OTA.

Those 26 locals, is that with an AM21 or via sat? In my Chicago market, we have only about 10 coming down from sat and I can receive over 70 OTA.
Satellite. ..

But again it's really 25 total as one is a remap of the IONw national feed on ch. 306 into the local channel range.

Of these 26 (or actually 25) 19 have both HD and SD versions.

And nah ... the AM21's database is way too out of date and limited nowadays for this large market. Max'ing out at around 90+ channels on 27 stations.

OTA channels here are now around 170+ from some 33 stations on Mt. Wilson and Mt. Harvard. Had to switch to an OTA TIVO with genuine off-air scanning.

Satellite. ..

But again it's really 25 total as one is a remap of the IONw national feed on ch. 306 into the local channel range.

Of these 26 (or actually 25) 19 have both HD and SD versions.

And nah ... the AM21's database is way too out of date and limited nowadays for this large market. Max'ing out at around 90+ channels on 27 stations.

OTA channels here are now around 170+ from some 33 stations on Mt. Wilson and Mt. Harvard. Had to switch to an OTA TIVO with genuine off-air scanning.

Question ....

If you have 170+ OTA channels available to you ... Why do you need a Provider ?:coco

Reactions: Broe67 and Mr Tony
Question ....

If you have 170+ OTA channels available to you ... Why do you need a Provider ?:coco
I barely do need one to be honest as I only watch a handful of pay channels and the one favorite sports team I need it for, the Lakers, have been in free-fall since their last championship in 2010.

However, there are 6 others living here using 5 HD-DVRs that need a provider as they are not that high on OTA stuff ...

Only I have the OTA TIVO for my off-air programming along with a Genie (HR54) for satellite. Except for 1 DVR, the other 4 DVRs have AM21s for the limited OTA viewing of the rest of the family.

How is the Sunday Ticket Max a rip off? Because it doesn't include your local games?

if so, all I can say is lol

Because they tout that you can watch your team anywhere on all your devices. But so many games are held hostage by locals (look at the coverage maps for the 4 : xx games... Many are virtually nationwide, despite many of the markets being hundreds+ of miles away) but still "local"... Local means local, like the average RSN distance. Not teams from across the country being aired on local channels.

Because they tout that you can watch your team anywhere on all your devices. But so many games are held hostage by locals (look at the coverage maps for the 4 : xx games... Many are virtually nationwide, despite many of the markets being hundreds+ of miles away) but still "local"... Local means local, like the average RSN distance. Not teams from across the country being aired on local channels.
Not quite, local means, any game that is shown on your local network will Not be on the Sunday Ticket.
So, you check your paper a see what the local games are for the day and watch the rest on the Ticket.

Some of us get stuck with lousy teams on the local market every week so we have to rely on the Ticket . (Browns and Lions).

In my case the Sunday Ticket has been the only way I see real NFL games outside of the Patriots that seem to be on Nationally often.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Would love that for weather issues. Too many trees here to get locals with an antenna very reliably.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)