Directv Technical Support

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kyleorton

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
Wisconsin
I switched from Dish this summer and I'm having some issues. Tech support seems to be the robo voice making me go through every common issue before addressing any of my issues. I hope the forum might know a better way of calling in or could help me solve the problem without them.

It looks like I have an HR-34-700

There are two issues. Just recently a show will get stuck in a <1 second loop. Basically freezing until I channel up and back. I found a show that was recording doing this and the show just ends after a few seconds when playing back.

The other issue is incredibly sluggish menu response. I can't even page down through all of my channels. It just freezes up on me for 10 seconds or more. It's not recording any shows when this happens. This seems to be somewhat recent and feels like using a computer with a ton of malware on it.

Any suggestions to fix on my own or the best way to get this solved by Directv?

Thanks!

I switched from Dish this summer and I'm having some issues. Tech support seems to be the robo voice making me go through every common issue before addressing any of my issues. I hope the forum might know a better way of calling in or could help me solve the problem without them. It looks like I have an HR-34-700 There are two issues. Just recently a show will get stuck in a <1 second loop. Basically freezing until I channel up and back. I found a show that was recording doing this and the show just ends after a few seconds when playing back. The other issue is incredibly sluggish menu response. I can't even page down through all of my channels. It just freezes up on me for 10 seconds or more. It's not recording any shows when this happens. This seems to be somewhat recent and feels like using a computer with a ton of malware on it. Any suggestions to fix on my own or the best way to get this solved by Directv? Thanks!

It's a typical HR34. They're either flawless or this. I'd call in and simply say it won't power up. This will stop any trouble shooting the CSR will do and set up a service call. The tech will prolly swap it out if it's really bad or if you say you'd like to have it swapped for a 44.

Just a couple convienence thoughts before replacing (because you lose all your recordings):
You rebooted? Hard drive isn't like 99% full? If not a ton recorded consider the "reset everything" that will format the drive and start over.

If it continues after looking at some of that stuff I'm with Hutch, the not powering up saves you time.
They will likely want to ship you a box for $20 to swap it, you may receive a HR34 or HR44. If you want the upgraded HR44 (faster), opt for a service call (even if it coast $50 or so). Techs likely at this point mostly carry HR44. There may still be a few 34's out there but not too many. Unfortunately either tech or shipped, all you can do is take what they have/send.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts