DirecTV to add 44 HD local markets (Updated with Launch Schedule)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Good News...I just went to DirecTV.com and checked the "TV Schedule" > "TV Listings" for Champaign-Springfield-Decatur areas and it is showing them in HD as of 3pm CST today.

Hopefully this is true from what the website is showing!!!

First time post here...I live in the South Bend/Elkhart IN DMA, and we only received 2 HD local channels (NBC and FOX). Is that it or will they add more in the future?

First time post here...I live in the South Bend/Elkhart IN DMA, and we only received 2 HD local channels (NBC and FOX). Is that it or will they add more in the future?

I think it depends on the town/city that covers your ABC & CBS markets.

I think in order for you to get them in HD, the towns that carry ABC & CBS would have to be spot beamed by D*.

Don't quote me on that...but I think that's how it works.

Please fill in if this is not correct...

Good News...I just went to DirecTV.com and checked the "TV Schedule" > "TV Listings" for Champaign-Springfield-Decatur areas and it is showing them in HD as of 3pm CST today.

Hopefully this is true from what the website is showing!!!

Just checked and found no HD locals in the Champaign area. Hopefully, we'll get them later this week.

Too bad you need a pos slimline to get them

Hello Dodge...hey can you elaborate on what a "Slime-Line" is?

I checked the glossary and did not see a definition for that.

Do I need a SlimeLine in order to get HD locals in Springfield this week?

I have 2 dishes on top of my house: 1) for regular programming and 2) one for HD.

Thanks in advance for all input on this!

*EDIT*: Nevermind...I am an idiot! I just realized that SlimeLine is my HD dish! Whoops!

Last edited:
As hinted at earlier this week, DirecTV has confirmed that tommorrow morning they plan to launch 3 more HD Local markets, completing the September launches.

Mrytle Beach SC
(Based on directv.com guide data - expect all major networks except NBC, and possible get CW, which is unusual)

Champaign IL
(no hints here - everything is listed twice, even the multiple PBS's, so it's not right)

Burlington VT
(Based on Directv.com TV Listings, predict NBC & FOX only?)

Anyhow, we'll know the real networks tommorrow morning.

As hinted at earlier this week, DirecTV has confirmed that tommorrow morning they plan to launch 3 more HD Local markets, completing the September launches.

Mrytle Beach SC
(Based on directv.com guide data - expect all major networks except NBC, and possible get CW, which is unusual)

Champaign IL
(no hints here - everything is listed twice, even the multiple PBS's, so it's not right)

Burlington VT
(Based on Directv.com TV Listings, predict NBC & FOX only?)

Anyhow, we'll know the real networks tommorrow morning.

Champaign-Decatur-Springfield will have all the major locals because:

NBC=Decatur
CBS=Champaign
ABC=Springfield
FOX=Springfield
CW=???

Once D* gets your Big 4 up in HD, how long till they get the PBS station and any others that may be available in your DMA ?

Jimbo

I plan to watch my 3 year old walk the stage at graduation before I expect to see PBSHD locals carried by D* (or anyone else for that matter). :)

The three expected markets did launch this morning at 6am.

Here are the stations:

Burlington VT DMA: NBC, ABC, FOX (No cbs)

Champaign IL DMA: NBC, ABC, FOX, CBS

Myrtle Beach SC DMA: ABC, FOX, CBS, CW (No nbc)

DirecTV will continue negotations with the single station in the launced markets that is not available in HD. Sometimes this can take a short time, sometimes they never reach an agreement.

Just checking markets around my area, it appears that Grand Rapids MI had channel 41, the alternate ABC added in HD. (Grand Rapids DMA has 2 ABCs, now both in HD).

Just checking markets around my area, it appears that Grand Rapids MI had channel 41, the alternate ABC added in HD. (Grand Rapids DMA has 2 ABCs, now both in HD).

2 ABC's and South Bend can't even get the one. This really sucks! If E* puts all of the networks in South Bend up in HD in the near future, I'll switch in a heartbeat!

Here's the report from Springfield, IL...we got blessed with ALL of our locals coming in HD (including all PBS stations):

3 CBS (WCIA) - Champaign HD

12 PBS (WILL) - Champaign HD

14 PBS (WSEC) - Decatur HD

17 NBC (WAND) - Decatur HD

20 ABC (WICS) - Springfield HD

23 CW (WBUI) - Champaign HD

49 MNT (WCFN) - Champaign HD

51 PBS (WEIU) - Springfield HD

55 FOX (WRSP) - Springfield HD

We got 9 HD local channels this morning...all up and running. Thank you D*!!!

The three expected markets did launch this morning at 6am.

Here are the stations:

Burlington VT DMA: NBC, ABC, FOX (No cbs)

Champaign IL DMA: NBC, ABC, FOX, CBS

Myrtle Beach SC DMA: ABC, FOX, CBS, CW (No nbc)

DirecTV will continue negotations with the single station in the launced markets that is not available in HD. Sometimes this can take a short time, sometimes they never reach an agreement.

NBC in Myrtle Beach does not show up on the on-line guide. But it is in fact showing up on the receivers, as WMBF channel 34. CBS has no sound on any of my H20s and no sound no picture on my H21-200.

As of 1PM issues have been resolved

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts